Tuesday 29 January 2013

Water, Water, Everywhere!

Hello Blog lovers.

I have had a busy day today with the whole exercise regime! This afternoon was a nice genteel bike ride with Nagging Sister! She is desperate for some sort of cardio vascular activity in her days! But The injury she sustain way back in October last year is still causing her problems. So she thought a bike ride would be good for her.

But this is my running blog and not my cycling blog, so will continues with todays running.  I had offered to help Kitman Mike with the new beginners group. Just as last time, I love giving something back to my club and to the sport that I have chosen to help me keep fit. And of course, I love to help and encourage all those that have decided to keep fit and to chose jogging as their chosen sport to help them achieve that.

Todays programme, after a warm up, was 3 minutes jog and 3 minutes walk x 5. There were about 20-25 brave souls in the group. I say brave souls, because the weather was not good, it was wet, it had been raining, but now all that is left is some 'heavy moisture' in the air, which could threaten rain at any moment! It was good to encourage them all around the short loops that we were doing.

I turned up about five minutes past 7, the group had already started their warm up walk. I waited for them at Little Thrift. I had already done a warm up anyway as I had rode my bike to Willet Way Rec and then ran to little thrift.

After we had done the beginners group, (Singstar Jo also offered to help out as well) we jumped in her car and drove the short distance to the rec, ready to start our club run!  Singstar Jo had very heavy legs today, she was still a little sore after running 10 miles on Sunday! And I was just pleased to be out. A glut of exercise in one day, and I am feeling on top of the world! I know I shall be aching a little, later on!

By the time we got to 8 0'clock the rain had started, just that gentle horrible drizzle stuff, and it stayed with us, the whole time! The route that our Illustrious Leader had chosen today was a very undulating
one, with a double loop around Tillingbourne Green. Now this particular green, again was a tad undulating, a nice little challenge not only for the newcomers of the group, but for me as well!

The rain was getting me a little down now. It was really affecting my sight! My glasses were steamed up and rainy! In fact I could see more without my glasses! So I had to put them in my pocket and run without them.

Towards the end of the run, by the time we got to Willet Way, our Illustrious Leader came back to relieve the sweepers, which was me and Singstar Jo.  I pushed on a little faster but Singstar Jo carried on sweeping.

We got back to the rec, the rain was really coming down now, we were all soaked to the skin, smelling (as Singstar Jo said) like wet dog! But I was still feeling great about being out running. After a warm down stretch I realised that I still had to cycle home from here! *Siiiggghhh!*

As soon as I got in, I stripped off and jumped into a nice warm shower! Then it was dinner time! I felt I had definitely earned this today!

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment