Thursday 31 January 2013

More Running, Old Girl?

Hello blog lovers.

Yup! More running. It's Thursday which means it club track day. It was going to be marathon pace 3x1600m around the track, with a minutes rest between each each 1600m. So that means 12 times around the track! (I had to take my shoes off to count that high!)  Along with a warm up and a warm down stretch. Lets see how many laps I can get in before everyone else finishes their 'warm down lap'  before they even get ready for the warm down stretches!

I have been ignoring the cold bug that seems to be trying to get into my system today. Occupational hazard when you have cute little people to look after, sneezing on you and asking for their noses to be wiped every five minutes. We are a sharing household here. I was feeling good though, my little session with Smarty Pants hasn't really affected my leg muscles at all. So I had in my mind to complete every lap today.

Kitman Mike said that we should be doing each 1600m at our own individual marathon pace. All the PWR's got into their pacing groups, I got into mine. A very exclusive pacing group, known as the Old Girl group, and it's usually just me in it! The faster groups set off first, the next and so on. I set off with the last group, I let them gradually get further from me and then I looked at my Garmin. I was still going way to fast for my marathon pace, and had to pull myself back at bit more.

I kept running all the time. The bits that I should have been running, I was! Now that is a first for me (for a while anyway!) I was looking forward to the 1 minute rest time. On my second of the 1600m, and I was a bit slower this time. I hope I can keep each lap consistent, another discipline that I need to learn. And you all know me and discipline!

I was getting lapped quite a lot. Obviously the faster paced groups lapped me several times, and each time the said to me "Well done Old Girl, keep it going" I am just amazed that quite a few people know my name! Mind you, I am the only member of the the Thursdays track sessions 'Old Girl Pace Group' so I shouldn't be surprised really.

I think I managed to do 2 and a bit of the planned 3x1600m. I felt I had done enough, and besides, I didn't really want to hold everybody up while I continued to finish my reps of the track.

So here is my geeky stats, I did remember to stop the timer while I was doing the minute rest, and then turn in back on when I started running again.

( I have just counted the laps, I only ran 9 laps! tut tut tut)



No comments:

Post a Comment