Friday 4 January 2013

Friday Rest Day!

Hello blog lovers!

I am guessing you will be a little confused with todays title, as you know by now that I only write blogs if I have actually done some exercise.  Well I did. Fridays are still going to be my rest days, (ignoring what my training plan says, I expect my coaches will have something to say about that!) But my friend Smarty Pants is getting her running mojo back, and I am determined that she will keep it this time! Get her back to running way faster than me (well, she is 10 years younger!)

We had arranged to meet up after I had finished work, and then we were going to jog to Turn Around Lamppost and back, but she text saying "Maybe we could do the longer one, 1.75 miles" So that's what we did. I said that we could stop for a rest at any time, but we will definitely stop after a mile, rest up for 2 mins and then jog on again.

The weather was good today. It wasn't raining, and it wasn't cold. This is going to be a good run. We started off with a quick walk around the green, and few crab like manoeuvres and some 'butt' kicks, and then we went straight off up the road to begin.  The first few yards always gets me panting hard until I get my breathing sorted out, why does it do that! You would think I would be less able to control my breathing after I had been running a while! Smarty Pants breathing was just the same, but once we passed that first half mile things settled down quite nicely.

I looked at Smarty Pants and I could see she was doing well, so I didn't even mention if she fancied stopping, I just said that she was looking good.  Jogging up Southborough Lane knowing that the Harvester is the first mile does do your morale good, and knowing that you jogged the whole way, especially after a long break as Smarty Pants had, makes you feel really good about your self. 

Just as we turned into Parkfield, to jog through the park I said "Ok, thats a mile, just take a little pause here, and then we can get going again" "All the way home,"  I was going to add, but I didn't want to put that pressure on to her. It's just less than a mile, three quarters to be almost precise, back to my house. But its all still fresh in my mind how I felt after I had jogged to the Harvesters that first time, and how long it seemed to get home again.

I was even remembering when I broke down and cried as I tried to jog up Whitebeam, when I was remembering why I was out jogging in the first place! It was not that long ago, yet here I am encouraging Smarty Pants to do what I couldn't do after I took just a year off from running!

It was a good run! It does make you feel good, all those chemicals that is released into your body when you exercise making you feel happy and well......good! I love it! And I am just thankful I can jog along!  How comes I didn't do it before, I just don't know, the call of the couch was great in those dark(chocolate biscuit) days!

Geeky stats, just for Smarty Pants, so that she can see her progression through from 12 m/mi to who knows! 8 m/mi


No comments:

Post a Comment