Wednesday 9 January 2013

Long Sunny Runday!

Hello blog lovers.

The Old Boy is still suffering a little with is knee, so there was no way he will be running or cycling this evening. And as I had no toddler group to run this afternoon, it seemed a perfect opportunity to go for my long awaited long run. But I am taking Smarty Pants with me, so there will be a little 2 mile loop and then back out for another couple of miles by myself!

After dropping off my grandson to his nursery I was back home and getting ready for the first part of todays jogging.  Smarty Pants turned up, and then we were off.......for a warm up walk back to hers for her to put her phone and stuff back!  Then it was up Hollingworth Road. "It's harder jogging up hill" says Smarty Pants, I think I just nodded my response!  This hill used to always get me, but then I had usually ran from mine to here, all of about .20 of a mile! I was glad we managed it though.

Smarty Pants was not feeling on top form today. Sometimes it happens like that. I was feeling ok, but I was feeling a little tired myself. The weather was a bit grey making it less inviting to go out when you don't feel as if you have the energy. At the top of the hill we turned right, then left and the right again. I was keeping an eye on the mileage for Smarty Pants. If she is feeling tired then I don't want to push her on for another mile, I will stick to the 2 miles.

As we were heading up towards Pettswood, yet another little incline we took a walking break. The weather seemed to be getting warmer as the sun was burning off the clouds. We turned left onto Lakeswood and started to make our way back to the beginning. If we carried on the way that I was thinking of going then it will be less than 2 miles. So a slight added extra to bring Smarty Pants in at 2 miles.

As we were jogging along just about to cross over a road we heard "Go on girls, keep going!" and there in the car was Emma, the membership Secretary of our PWR club!  I was just glad we were running at the time!

As we were running towards the roundabout on Faringdon road, I was thinking that I may go passed my house then through the park, and do some extra miles that way. The round about put Smarty Pants at just over 2 miles. We said our good byes "Don't forget to stretch out when you get back" I called after her as I headed off back up Faringdon! I thought if I ran pass my house I would be quite tempted to go straight to my comfy chair instead of the extra miles!

I set up my tunes to keep me company as I ran the usual route through to Turpington Lane. I know its only 3 miles or so, but I thought I would see how I felt once I get back to top Oxhawth and if I felt strong and felt in control, then I would do an extra mile to make it the 6 I originally planned to do.

I was feeling tired. Excuses, excuses! I stopped on the way to Harvesters, and I stopped several times on my way around! I tried very hard to make sure that when I stopped jogging, it was for only several seconds at a time! I nagged myself stupid to get going again each time! I also tried to practise the 'Scooby' technique, and chuckled to myself as I saw my shadow! I must remember not to do the hands like Kitman Mike did yesterday, as he demonstrated for me!

Anyway, to cut it short (which is something I just can't do with my blogs) I managed to run up to Top Oxhawth and then onto the road that I dare not stop! All the way home. I was really feeling it!  I have a lot of catchup training to be do! I tried to be a tad faster down my bit of road, in my head I was racing Mo Farrow, probably in reality I was racing Sid the Sloth!









Geeky stats.  The two mile there abouts at the round about is with Smarty Pants!  An interesting map, wouldn't you say!


No comments:

Post a Comment