Sunday 6 January 2013

Sunday Lunch And Running Don't Mix!

Hello Blog Lovers.

I must focus on running. I must focus on running. I must focus on running. I must focus on running. "Care to join us for shared Sunday Lunch, Old Girl?" I was asked by my pastor last week! "Yes, that will be lovely" I responded all too eagerly

My mantra went straight out of the window, again! But, as it was Sunday lunch time, I thought I would be ok to do maybe two miles with Smarty Pants, later in the evening, or if she couldn't make it, then 3 miles with the Old Boy.

As it happened, I came home from church, after quite a busy lunch time, and sat on my chair and promptly fell to sleep! I didn't realise how tired I was! But eventually, after the Old Boy woke me up with a cuppa, I found out if Smarty Pants could make it, (which she couldn't) and then I got myself ready for a 3 miler.

I really wasn't up for it at all. Most of my running is done on, 1 bowl of ReadyBrek for breakfast, a very light lunch at lunch times, and several cups of tea during the day. The running takes place in the evening time before I have had my dinner! But today, Oh my!, a very tasty lunch, cooked by Hitchy, of shepherds pie and two veg. (I had two portions!) and then there was pudding, I had strawberry gateaux!

It was just too good not to! But I thought after a few hours, it wouldn't be too bad. And if I went with Smarty Pants it would only be two miles anyway! But here we are, with me writing up my blog after running 3.31 miles on (still) a very fully tummy! I was just glad it stayed full on the way round.

I must say, if it wasn't for the Old Boy today, bouncing around in front of me, running up and down the sitting room pretending to run, I probably would have stayed sat in my chair!  It was a hard run. Even the Old Boy found it hard, but then he has been ill recently. It was reminiscence of earlier days when I was deciding which was the best way to handle my body concerning the refueling. The times when I had dinner at 6, then and 5 o'clock. The stitch that I suffered after each run was not good.  That is when I decided that the best time to 're-fuel' is to have a proper breakfast, porridge or weetabix, then a nice lunch. And if I have a long run to do then I make sure I have pasta for a nice lunch. And then just have dinner when I get back after each run! For one reason it makes me want to get around quicker.

 Anyway, I jogged along! It wasn't my finest hour, or should I say 40 minutes! I stopped at silly places, it felt as if I had eaten all 6 of Hitchys shepherd pies! Even the Old Boy said "Lets go across the park" But I said that I was sticking to the route. I feel doing something is better than not doing anything. So I shall finish the route and then go and collapse into my chair again.

Geeky stats, very poor really. But considering I really didn't want to move my carcass of my chair this evening, I feel that its another little notch on the marathon bedpost!

2 comments:

  1. Well done for getting out there Donna, however you will be required to run the Thames Path with us very soon and as such you only get coffee and cake at the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry, it was a struggle! :-/ So whats this thames Path you mentioned!

      Delete