Thursday 18 August 2011

Tapering Run!


Hello bloggees,

I have no idea what a tapering run is, but I have my idea of what it is, and I think that is what me and the Old Boy did......I think. Anyway it sounds good, sounds professional and sounds as if I know what I on about.

I have a very busy family weekend planned and unfortunately my running needs to go on the back burner until Tuesday, when I can run off the, hopefully, eatin and drinkin weekend!

I am not on top form at the moment either, and the Old Boy is feeling under the weather too. Its horrible wet out, dark, grey, and I have been fidgety and bored all day. So we decided to do this short run, around the streets and parks near us. Just to get us out of the house stretch our legs.

No jumping in the car this time. We are doing what I used to do before the Old Boy bought his 'Cats', straight out of the door and run! I started off pretty strong really. I couldn't believe it when I looked at my Garmin and it read something like 9.30 ish min/mi I deffo knew that pace wouldn't last! Even the Old Boy joked "slow down, wait for me" Yeah, as if I could keep up that pace anyway. Especially as we went to the pub earlier for a light late, late lunch and a pint of amber nectar! (again)

There we were, running through the park, in the rain, and I really wanted to push myself hard. But in my head I am such a whinger! I am even beginning to nag myself now. but quietly, in my head! If I did it out loud I would soon be looking at for very soft walls and mumbling sweet nothings all day long! I wanted to run the whole way today, at a good pace, non stop. Its only over 2 miles that we are doing. But this blooming couch potato head has suddenly made an appearance again. Oh yes, and also not feeling 100% is playing its part today, and the late lunch is not helping either!

I was feeling quite fatigued going up Magpiehall Lane, but I wanted to try and get up the whole way non stop. But I had a little walking spot just before the incline. I can't call it a hill anymore, really, not after the hills that I have been attempting to run up lately! but I ran up from Greenway until the Old Boy pointed for us to go right, past Astley, to go through the park from here. I took at quick short 10 second walk, and I heard myself saying "Ok, now Old girl, all the way home, no stopping" just as the Old Boy was telling me to do. I tried and tried, I tried to keep the pace up. I was dark and miserable evening, my sweat mingling with the fine rain. I had taken off my glasses as I didn't want any excuse to stop, I couldn't see through my glasses now. Not with the rain on one side, and my sweat on the other side of the glasses!

In the distance I could see some little shadows, people with three dogs. At least I couldn't see if the dogs were those big huge Alsatians, another excuse for me to stop and walk again.

"Keep going, keep this pace going" said the Old Boy. By now we were on our road. Memories of the runs I did with Nagging Sister came to me, about the whole sprinting to the front door. How can her nagging get through to me now!! I guess it's this bit of the road, the sprinting bit

I stopped the Garmin. Coughed, splutter, stretched and then smiled. Ok, so I'm not feeling good, but boy did I enjoy that run. I always enjoy my run, after I had finished it!

Geeky stats for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment