Saturday 13 August 2011

Last Park Run!.... For My Old Shoes!

Hello blog lovers!!

Well, what a day! I couldn't have packed more into it if I tried! Well, I could have! If I had got up half hour or so earlier, had got ready for the Park Run earlier, then I could have done a few other things I needed to have done before going out, i.e. written an email and letter, found the stamp to have posted said letter. Rode to Park Run instead of getting the Old Boy to drive me! And!!! more importantly, gone for brekkie, because we would have been on our bikes, we were planning on going for brekkie then going for my new running shoes!!!!

But it was just as well it didn't work out that way! It was raining, it wasn't riding weather, ....yes, running weather, but just not riding weather. And, another very good reason, we couldn't actually find the running shop straight off. We drove passed it a couple of times! We had to go back, and then call Naggy Neighbour, a couple of times to ask directions!

Anyway, Park run! It was a warm muggy morning, a very warm and muggy morning actually! But I got up and went ahead with it (only cos the Old Boy had remembered I had said that I should do it again, to see if there is any improvement) So I was up, eating tea and toast at 08:30, which is not good really, not when the event starts at 09:00 in the morning! Tea and toast done we drove to the park, but then The OB (Old Boy) had me running across to the start line! which is on the opposite side of where we had parked! "A little warm up before the main event" he said, he also said "You should have been ready a long time ago! You should have done all the chores that needed doing and got the bikes out, before riding over to the park in the first place" But in a nice encouraging sort of way.

I started off fairly quick. Too quick really. But my geeky stats (Yes I took my Garmin.....) will show this, in fact, I am quite pleased with the first mile! The second and third and the last tiny bit of mile is not too bad either. Well not too bad for me, anyway! It felt like it could be a personal best, Well, we would just have to see when we stop the watch.

The OB was keeping his eyes on me. I could feel his eyes boring into the back of my head. I had to stop a couple of times, it wouldn't be me if I didn't. Of course when I say stop, I do mean I stop running, not stop all together, because I don't stop moving, I carry on walking. On the last half mile the OB is jogging along side me, he is keeping the encouragement going, "Look, there is your race, pink shirt lady, get in front of her" I thought he was kidding, but he wasn't. I picked up the pace a bit, and to my surprise I started gaining on her. I really didn't think I had it in me. I passed her and before I could even say "Yes done it!" the the OB said, "good, now there is your next race, those two there" I just knew I couldn't catch them up, by I tried. I sprinted the last bit to go through the tunnel to collect my token. Then I promptly handed them it to the OB with my bar code and walked as quickly as I can to the loo!! Tea and toast, so close to a run, not such a good idea!

But here is my geeky stats, and yes it is a .........Personal Best!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment