Monday 15 August 2011

Seasons In the Sun

Hello bloggers,

A little ditty for you, think of the song as you read it, I bet you are singing this by the end.




Goodbye to you my trusted friends,
We known each other is two thousand and ten,
together we've run hills and streams.
Learned to sprint and jumps roots of trees,
skinned our hearts and skinned our knees,
Goodbye my friend its hard to die,
when all the birds are flying in the sky,
I'm running wild without a care
5k's here and 10k's there
mob matches meetings everywhere,

We had joy we had runs,
we had training in the sun
and in spring and the fall,
we've been running in them all

Goodbye mizunos, its was meant to be,
you were good and comfy and just right for me
but you made me run all wrong,
over pronating far to long,
wonder how I ran along
Goodbye mizzies, it hard to die,
When all the birds are singing in the sky,
Now that autumn's in the air,
Friends are running everywhere,
I think of you when you were there

We had joy we had fun,
we had races in the sun,
And had beers and sang songs,
But unlike you, They'll last long.



A poignant ode to my first 'proper running shoes' And now I have my new running shoes, which deals with the whole running like a demented duck on speed. I tested them out today with the Old boy.

I was thinking as he is not feeling too well, just a short 2 miler, get used to the shoes, and the OB can get home and rest up! I shouldn't expect things like that with the OB, "You got new shoes, lets test the out" a huge gulp from me as he continued "These are running shoes, not walking shoes" Another huge gulp from me.

You know how when people sit behind a wheel of a car and then become a completely different person on the road, well the OB does this metamorphose thing when he pulls on his running shoes! "Come on run, run, don't walk, why you walking, up the hill, come on!"

But he does get me round the course, which today was about another mile and half more than we usually do!. But as we were running past the first walkover bridge, (where we usually run) I just stopped running. I could hear the OB telling me to run, and I could feel him trying to push me along. But I just stood there!! I will go when I'm good and read to go. It was most peculiar. Then the OB filtered through my thoughts again, as I heard him say "I know its psychological, and we usually run up there, but not today"

That's when I thought, blimey, it can all be in the mind, because I knew up and over those three bridges is our car! I carried on running after that, and it was just as well, because I then heard, ahead of me "Come on, don't let him beat you, keep going" It was Mr.S from the PWR, running towards me. I am sure I mumbled something as we passed, but I don't know if it was audible, let alone understandable!

The Ob was did plan for 3 official stops, 2 minutes at the top of Goss Hill, then 1 minute by 'Dog Poo' ally and then last minute stop would have been at the third bridge just before going back up Barfield.

Of course I took far more stops! I was whinging all the way, it was raining, for goodness sake, I had just had my hair done in the afternoon, and I was looking a bloomin wreck.

But boy, when I finished, (with thankfully not chucking up chunks in the car park) I was fairly pleased with my effort, and I did here the OB say that I was running well, so I was very pleased with myself.

Oh by the way, my new running shoes,




Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment