Sunday 7 August 2011

A Run Of Two Halves!

Hello blog lovers!

I had every intention of going running this morning (just like I had every intention of going running yesterday morning at the park run, and failed to get out of bed for), but again, the warmth of my duvet kept me snuggled till I had to rush to get ready for church.

But after church, and various other things I had to attend to, the Old Boy had came home, and was in the mood for a run! "Go on then, I should go for a run today" I had noticed Naggy Neighbour had been out early this morning blasting out 3 rather quick miles and three more a bit more leisurely!

We got ready and discussed which way we would be going. The Old Boy said "Two miles or three?" I was undecided but the he said "Let's just see how we feel as we go" We headed for Tent Peg Lane, I started the Garmin and then did a short slow walk to where we would start our run from.

The weather was ok, not cold but it wasn't sweltering hot either. But I was not feeling totally comfortable to be running. I was just going to take it easy. Well, the Old Boy don't do things easy! We knocked out the first mile in just over 10 minutes. But that brought us to Goss Hill, and we had that hill to run up. I must just say this, the Old Boy was in front of me right up to this point. But now he decides to wait for me, "After you" he says being the polite gentleman and letting me go first up the hill. There is only one reason he has done this, and that is to keep me running the whole way up! And boy did he nag!! He didn't stop, but I did! "Don't you stop, you can have a minute rest up the top, now move it" he said as he literally pushed me up the hill. I did stop again but he just pushed me even more. I got to the top of the hill, a puffing red faced sweaty yellow and black blob of humanity, desperately trying to say to the Old Boy, "I can't breathe!" But he did let me have my one minute, which I kind of turned into two!

We carried on, "The next stop I will allow you is when we turn right into PettsWood woods" he said, as I knew exactly where he was talking about! All I know is, just before the 'up' bit or the down bit, or really rooty up bit, or (now) the bit where I took my tumble!. "You're running really well today" he said to me, I felt I was running slowly! But just as we heading for the down hill bit that leads to 'Dog Poo' ally I suddley had to have a Paul Radcliffe moment. "Any excuse for a stop" he says. But I just had to go! So I made the Old Boy stand guard! Well, needs must!

Back to the running now and the Old Boy is feeling good "Do you want to go back through Jubilee Park" "Heck no!" I was really feeling the two miles we had already done, I feel a bit under the weather, but I am pleased with what I have done so far, going further that what I have told my one brain cell would certainly have me going into shock! So we carried on our usual route.

As we were approaching the first rail bridge the Old Boy said "I think I am going to go further, and do the park again" So as we reached the first rail bridge, I gave my Garmin to the Old boy, he headed towards Botony Bay, and I went over the bridges. With no Old Boy to push me, it was all up to me to keep going over the bridges. I made sure that I ran up all three sets of steps, and pushed and pushed myself along the paths, I was determined to keep myself moving, keep myself running, albeit rather slowly.

A ran towards the car and I noted the time that I got there, in order to work out exactly how long it took me over all (Which I still cant work out, so if anyone is good with maths, please jot it down on a post card and post to the usual address) I got back to the car by 17:30 the Old boy back to the car by 17:43, we parted company when the Garmin was saying 37:09. There, maths lesson over.

Geeky stats, and do note the last two miles that the Old Boy had done, I do believe his new shoes did have him running fast!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/104706724

No comments:

Post a Comment