Wednesday 3 August 2011

Post Race Run!

Hello Bloggees,

The Old Boy fancied taking the 'Cats' (i.e. his puma running shoes!) out for a bit of fresh air, so we decided to do just a short run of just over 2 miles.

The temperature was very warm indeed, about 26 degrees Celsius, and through the woods again.The Old Boy does love running through the woods. Even though the mozzies had their summer time dinner from him yesterday! The mozzies obviously fancied their desserts today, (something a little more sweeter)I have three more huge bites on my legs!! Must remember insect repellent!

The route decided, we headed off up hill from 'Dog Poo' ally. We were going to go up, then turn left and head down there for a bit, and then end up at top of Botany Bay. Then we were going to go down the steep hill towards Goss hill. But instead of going through Jubilee Park, we were going to turn left and run along side the little brook. The same as the Mob Match yesterday, but in reverse! which will lead us back to 'Dog Poo' ally.

Well, just running up the first hill had me breathing heavy. I was already complaining! The Old Boy was not impressed "Come on OLD GIRL he said, in total disbelief that I was even contemplating walking so soon. I just thought back to my day today, 3 lively under 5 year olds, plus a toddler group to run. I know the Old Boy has a hectic work load as well, so I know there is no excuse, but it is a reason! I should have had a bit more to eat during the day!

So you can imagine there was quite a few walking stops on this rather short route! Which didn't impress the Old Boy at all! He virtually pushed me up the last hill, in fact he did actually push me up the last hill! I was really feeling the heat, I thought I was going to start chucking up chunks (if I had any to chuck that is) but after a sit down on the bench I managed to recover my composure, and plus I managed not to do a Paul Radcliffe as by then I really needed to go!

We sat for a few more minutes, enjoying just being in the woods before we made our way back home.

So geeky stats again, (And Garmin have changed the pages, so who knows if you can actually see them when you click on the link, but its here anyway)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/103892625

No comments:

Post a Comment