Tuesday 23 August 2011

Club Run, With A Very Slight Detour!


Hello Blog lovers,

Today was a club run. I thought it was going to be a very 'telling' club run. Telling me that that I had eaten too much, drank too much and deffo relaxed too much. But it was a family holiday, and all the above was exactly what one should do on holiday.

The Old Boy had already been on his run, (and ran rather well! avg 9.29 min/mi) so I was under a bit of pressure to do well for this run. It was raining, that awful fine rain, that is just so annoying to be in. But it was good to see so many people out and running and we had a new person joining our happy crowd, the rain didn't stop her from coming out.

We set off, all the beeping of the Garmins, nike watches and what ever other gizmos there is, and headed off for our warm up run, which was up hill! But the cool of the evening and the rain, I can honestly say I hardly noticed it! Can you believe I am actually writing that down! I hardly noticed the hill I wonder if it was all those cream teas and cakes I had, or the relaxation. I am really hoping it was the amount of alcohol I consumed that contributed to how I ran today! Wouldn't that be just perfect!

We ran along the road, not heading into the woods this time, it's getting pretty dark now, seems like our running through the woods is over for this year. Roll on next year! My, can you believe that I am saying that as well!! Getting to grips with the whole nature thing, and bugs and mud and tree roots!.... but, and this is the very slight detour bit....... we crossed over the road, and was going to turn right up the next road to do a loop. We were running through a particularly dark part, on a gravely path, but then the front runners made a 'u turn' We were actually running up somebodys driveway!

After getting back on track, it was a pleasant run. I was really enjoying it. It was a nice gentle pace, just what I need after a hectic boozy/face stuffing short break! The new girl was also doing very well, and the new girl from last week was back as well. Our numbers grow! The group leader had two 'alternative' routes for us, a shorter version or a slightly longer version. As we were all doing really well, I don't think anybody complained about doing the longer route. We were all looking forward to it.

The down hill section is always a welcome respite, all of us are running well. Even my breathing was under control, and I was having conversations with the new girl as well, so I must be running quite comfortably. We were soon on the last section. The run up to the pavilion.

A very good run indeed. Just what I needed.

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment