Monday 29 August 2011

Another Weekend Away, Now The Hard Work Starts!


Hello bloggees.

Well, after another weekend away, eating, drinking and rest and relaxation, todays run was well and truly needed, even if this old body of mine was complaining!

I was totally in the mood for a run, in the brain department, after watching the Guernsey marathon yesterday, and cheering a few of the weary runners on their way around different parts of their route. But, ......mmmmmm.....let's put it this way, I have not been using my belt to keep my jeans up for a couple of days!

The Old Boy was looking forward to todays run, "Only a short one today, break ourselves in again" he says. There was I thinking "Oh, right, just a two mile slow jog" but of course I had forgotten, our 'regular' run has become a four and half mile route! So of course, todays jog is going to be about 3 and half miles!

We set off from Tent Peg lane and did some ministry of silly walks type walking as we stretched and lunged and side stepped our way to the entrance of the park. From there we started our run. After only a few minutes running, I felt a twinge in my knee. Then I remembered that I had twisted my ankle and knee as we were walking along a breakwater yesterday, to view the marathon at another view point, (right next to some dude 'scratching' some discs and stuff) Can they 'scratch' CD's in the same was a vinyl?.

It put me on my guard somewhat, I made sure that if I felt any slight pain then I would stop running and start walking. I eased off the pace a bit to. There is no need to push yourself till you hurt, not where knees are concerned, I will just take it easy. From that point on I didn't feel any more twinges in my knees nor pain!

I tried to run up Goss hill today, I really did, but my breathing was all over the place, I just couldn't get enough oxygen inside of me. It could be the couple of extra pounds that I seemed to gained, (which is not too bad really, back in the bad old days it would have been over half a stone I put on). One day I will make it up that hill in one go, I am determined to do it!

The Old Boy was encouraging me each step I ran, I tried my very best to keep going. The next smaller hill had me walking up it as well, I told the Old Boy to keep going and I will see him at the top. The Old Boy can manage hills so much better than me.

From the top I tried to keep going for as long as possible, running, running! The paths we were talking were full of mud holes and huge sticky patches, I just had to slow down over those, even then, if it wasn't for the Old Boy catching me, I would quite easily ended up having an 'early mud bath'.

Just the bridges to do now. All three of them, then on to the car. I kept going as much as I could, walked when I felt I needed to, and then carried on running after that.

I got back to the car feeling as if I had done my best today, after all the rich food, beer, wines and puddings I have been indulging in over the past couple of weekends, a good run really helps to put me in a good good place. And now I am back on the programme!

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment