Thursday 15 July 2010

Wrong Wrong Wrong!

Hi bloggees.

There I was, one womans battle against so so many! They taunted me through my window, as I stretched and reached at worked my muscles. It's not going to work, I'm going out, not matter what! Eventually, warmed up, psyched up, I went out in the throng, the wind, warning me to go back.

Millions and millions kept on at me, over whelming as I struggled towards my eventual goal. They attacked my arms and face, and eyes, they clung to my clothes, desperately trying to make me retreat, I was becoming disheartened as I ran. No music today, nothing to focus on, (battery flat in IPOD) I will just do the short run today, just to show that I can do this.

On wards and upwards, they seem to have grown in number, and size. "Ok, Ok, I quit!" I say to myself "I'm heading on home"

They had won. I'm heading on home, after only running for 1/2 a mile. But, and I feel its a good but, at least I tried.

Now, that all sounds so exciting doesn't it, and I can feel you all wanted to join me in this epic battle. But if I wrote it as it was, you would just think that I am completely loopy loo, cheeseless cracker, lights on but no body ever lived at home. The fact is that they refer to raindrops!

Yes it was raining, and this silly old mare thought she could handle a bit of rain, after all, I'm nearly a runner! But I couldn't do it. just everything was wrong. Starters, no music, second, wrong running gear, maybe if I had my proper running trousers on it may have help in this weather, instead of the seventies style flares that I had on, and of course the rain was wrong. It was that horrible wispy rain that just gets right on your nerves.

I was just getting more miserable as i jogged on, but at least I tried. When I get back home after only running 1 mile today I feel angry with myself. Inside my nice warm kitchen I'm looking out at the lovely sunshine with that wispy rain still falling, taunting me! I should have persevered.

Oh well, 1.15 miles, my first proper rain test, I will give myself maybe a 'C' for that. but time wise, 13.30 I will give a 'D'

No comments:

Post a Comment