Tuesday 6 July 2010

Oh, That Hurt!

Hi blog lovers.

Remember what I said yesterday, how I love keeping fit? Well I should have kept quiet!

Why is there good days and bad days, why not good days and even more good days! I was working this morning, so went running this afternoon. Yes that's right just after midday! And I forgot my water too.

It looked cooler than it has been for a while, so I thought I could cope with it, you never know, being lighter I might get round quicker! But when I started running, the aches and pains started straight away. This time new ones, in my calf's. Not had these pains before. I think my body is having a go at me, because I keep ignoring all the muscle that are just complaining. If it was anything sinister, like that whole knee thing that was happening, then I would probably think about not running today, but just complaining muscles, muscles that have not been worked for years and years, nah, I shall run through that.

Interval running again. I was tempted to just pelt it to the first mile, but the whole thing about the interval running is discipline! Something which I have to learn, something which I hate doing! If any one tells me I can't, I say I can. If any one say no, I say yes! A total rebel really.

By the time I got to Greenway I was glad of not running full steam to the first mile. I really miss my water, and I know if I don't time this bit right, then my running two minutes will include that steeper bit of Magpiehall lane! I was slowing down. I didn't quite make it to the end of Greenway this time, but still enough walking time to get most of the steep bit of hill done.

Today I really was being a bit of a rebel. I walked after only 1 minutes running, at least 3 times before I got to the down hill road leading to my road. Half way down he I picked up speed. 'If you are going to walk on the 'running' times then you will have to replace lost time' I said to myself. My goodness, I have even started to punish myself now......Is this a healthy sign??!! But there I was, pelting down the road, trying not to think to hard about the aching legs, and the lack of oxygen from my lungs. No room for oxygen anyway!......where is all this .......yuck stuff coming from anyway?

I slowed down at bit to cross over the road, glanced at the time and realised that if I did the walking bit now I wouldn't be able to try and get to my PB, so, I ignored the IPOD, and carried on running, around the corner, up the path, look at the time...............OH YES, YES, YES, EAT THAT ACHY MUSCLES, EAT THAT SOGGY LUNGS I beat my PB. Not just the solo PB, but the PB that naggy neighbour dragged me around last week! 42.09

Yes I know its only a second, but you say that to those Olympic athletes that run races!

No comments:

Post a Comment