Monday 26 July 2010

Fresh Legs.

Hi Blog followers.

I had a fairly busy day planned today so I decided to run first thing this morning. Getting out of bed was the half the job done!, and looking out side the window I thought I might have to keep my promise to another runner, a complete basket case of a runner, he runs a 100 miles, and then the following weekend runs a 10k! I would be chillaxing for at least 6 months! Oh the promise is that we both would run in the rain, no matter how heavy it is coming down!!

When I closed the door this morning I felt a few drops of rain in the air, a sprinkle as they say, nothing more, but I ignored that and went for it anyway. By the time I got up to the first turning it all but stopped, Him upstairs must still looking out for me.

I'm still not feeling 100%, (I think I might as well go for the sympathy vote now) I have had a sore throat, head aches and blocked breathing tubes, which is, I found quite necessary to have all of those in tip top condition when running.

So the last time I was out running I think was last Tuesday, although I have been riding my bike, and I'm finding that I am enjoying running, well in the begining anyway. And I do miss not running as much. And therefore have decided to run again tomorrow, no rest day!

My breathing is all over the place again, but I soon got back into the rhythm, jogging and breathing. That pathetic little alto ego of mine (thats the old me) is sounding loud in my head today, "just do the short route as you have not been well these few days Old Girl" But I'm not listening! A few days off excerices, and spudface alto ego comes alive! I'm not doing the route that naggy neighbour took me on either, I am not completely mad! but not far off from that point. The weather is not to bad out, warm but not too warm. No sunshine, but still carrying my water with me. I am ignoring all the shortcuts as I'm going along, all though spudface alto ego tries very hard to persuade me "You not been too well, take it easy, always another day" But hey, I'm out here doing it, might as well do it right!

The only thing is, I am doing 2 minutes running and 1.30 minutes walking, and I am sure I should be walking for only 1 minute from this week, but because of my cold, I am being lenient on myself.

Turning into my road was a great feeling, I was feeling a bit tired but so pleased that I went out today. I pelted up the path to my house and looked at the time. 43.23seconds. Not bad after a case of man flu' Lets see how well I do tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment