Tuesday 13 July 2010

What Is The Cure?

Hi blogg watchers.

I am looking for a cure for this jogging malarky, there must be one, nagging sister seems to have found one, or it could be just work that does it. Maybe that is what has happened to all the others as well, apart from Smarty Pants, her knee cured her jogging for a while.

I was handing new baby back to his mother today, and I mentioned that I need to go jogging as I had a lazyitus rest day yesterday. And she said that I sound as obsessed as her husband is about cycling! An obsesseion! I was just thinking I had the slight guilts about not going out yesterday, but maybe I do have a slight obsession.

In fact, to prove a point that its not a problem, I can quit anytime I want, I almost convinced myself to just go shopping on the bike! But, I couldn't do it. I went upstairs to get changed into my jogging gear. Oh dear!

Its cooler that it has been, and fresh smell of rain, I do love that smell, still muggy though, possibly hair frizzing time too, poodle weather, as one of my neices described herself today. 30 seconds in the rain and she looks like a french poodle.

I remembered what naggy neighbour said about cutting the walking sections to one and a half minutes. I thought I was going to really struggle with this, but the only struggle I had was with the maths, 2 minutes plus 1.30 minutes equals 3.30 minutes time to run again. As the numbers got bigger, the brain training was taking its toll, either that or lack of oxygen, who knows, but it was taking longer and longer to come up with the answers. Maths was never my strong point!

All the way to Greenway, on and on, 2 minutes running, 1.30 minutes walking. It seems this discipline works! Who'd have thought it, eh? Maybe one day I will run all the way round non stop! Or maybe its the rest days inbetween!! Now there is a lazyitus thought!

By the time I get to the school, only half a mile from home, that is when I start flagging again. Walking after only one minute running, but I nagged my self to run after the 1.30 minutes. My brain was getting a total workout, it was busy with all the recalculations, "ok, its 35 minutes now, start jogging after 36.30, not 37.30" My poor old brain was going to give up in a minute I'm sure, maybe that would help actually, just not think about the walking bits at all!!

I came round the last turning heading on up to the path to my house. "Ok, this is it, finish in style" pelt up to the lamppost out side my house, stop the clock...........and it says...........41.27 Oh well, not personal best, but quicker than last time. It needed to be, otherwise I would have kicked my butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment