Monday 5 July 2010

I Love Keeping Fit!

Hi bloggers.

Did you see that title? How is that for an eye opener? Wow, I had a couple of days off. I couldn't believe how poor Smarty Pants was hobbling on Friday afternoon. She looked really uncomfortable and in pain. Now the pain she was discribing felt like the slight pain that had started in my knee. I was thinking of just running through it, but now seeing poor Smarty Pants decided best thing to do was have a few days rest.

I did go out on Saturday, not 'out' but 'out out', you know with the girls, and we were dancing till early hours of Sunday. And again the pain was there, so sat a few tunes out.

But today, I feel great. I am over the 4 o'clock start of Friday morning, I'm over the late night Saturday, and the pain in the knee is just not there anymore, and I'm raring to go.

The weather is beautiful, sun shining, but with a slight breeze. I am still doing the interval running, until I ask my friend 'Whats next?' I think I know what's next but its buried somewhere in my memory, it will need a gently reminder to get back in my mind.

I am sure I am running slightly faster today, maybe its those rest days, or maybe because I have missed the running! I am enjoying being out here today, my music playing and just enjoying this wonderful creation.

This interval running I am sure is starting to come together, so far its working all the way to Greenway. I get to the begining of this road just as the 'running' 2 minutes starts. I say to myself 'Run, old girl, to the end, and then the walking 2 minutes will start just as you get to the uphill struggle!' Now this appealed to the remnants of the old couch potato self, and I ran as hard as I could. And just as I said, 2 minutes and I was at the begining of the hill!

I had felt like I had got 'one up' on myself, and was smiling from ear to eat. So on I go, heading up to the last mile home. A van stopped just in front of me, as I was between tunes I heard him ask me for directions. After I had told him, in my puffed out voice which way to go, he promptly started chatting me up!!! Here I was, in my Lycra, pink hat on with the sweat from my head showing through, no doubt with a pink sweaty face too, and he was chatting me up!!

I turned him down of course, but it did put a bit of a spring back into my step and I smiled even more all the way home. I got to the last bit of path and ran at it full pelt, pushed the button on the IPOD and saw that todays time was 42.49 seconds!

I am loving keeping fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment