Thursday 8 July 2010

Still A Long Way To Go!

Hi blog watchers.

Its just little old me again today. I think It will probably be like this for some time, with maybe one evening jog session with naggy neighbour once a week, to drag me around my regular run!

Its a lot cooler today, so I'm thinking that maybe I could get around even quicker today. MMM, that is what my mind is saying. That is what the 'wanna be fit old girl' is saying. But this old girls body has a completely different agenda to that.

There are still aches and pains in these legs of mine, but a good stretch out, warm up properly before I go out and that should stop them complaining, or at least not get any worse!

I start off at a reasonable pace, but I can tell that is not going to stay like that all the way round, so I slow down to the pace I usually do it. I don't want to over do the beginning and not be able to finish in style. After about a minute I am already looking to see if the two minutes is up. MMM it can only be lazyitus creeping back. I am glad I talked myself into running today. (Oh didn't I mention that bit, oops sorry)

Ok confessions time. I was thinking about not running today, or maybe just go cycling. Then I had brainwave of doing both. But that didn't last long, because then I had remembered I said I would go for lunch with Smarty Pants this afternoon. As the place is a mile from where we live, I thought that maybe the walk would be enough for today. But as you can see, I talked myself out of that and put on joggers and trainers and literally kicked myself out of the door. (Which I am pleased about)

So, yes, one minute running, looking at stopwatch............oh yes. So this is how it went through todays jog. I have come to realise that I am not quite a runner yet, not when thoughts of just have another days rest, creep into my thoughts, its just the sheer determination now that is going to keep me jogging. I have still got a long way to go before I can say, "Yes I'm fit! I did it"

I refer back to my previous blogs, 'Keeping fit is a struggle' and not just on your body either. You have to keep you mind focused on keeping fit. How did naggy neighbour say it......your psyche has to be right, get yourself psyched up.

Interval running certainly helps with that part too, and now naggy neighbour has decided that from next week the walking bit will be CUT by 30 seconds!!

I got through todays run in 43.16 seconds. Slower than Tuesday, even after a rest day! But I blame lazyitus, or maybe my psyche wasn't on form today!

This is how far my 'psyche' is out, I have just rang Smarty Pants about lunch and she said it was next week not this week! So now, as a form of gentle exercise for my psyche I am going to go for a cycle ride after all, and just see where I end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment