Monday 19 July 2010

That Was Some Rest Day!

Hi blog watchers.

I bet you thought "That's it, the old girl has given up." Yet here I still am!

I must admit, I had a huge case of lazyitus on Friday, Saturdays as you know, I don't go out running, and Sunday? There is no easy way of getting out of this, I was nursing a gorgeous hangover!! Yet still managed just, to get to church Sunday morning.


Today, at 6.30 ish, me and Naggy Neighbour are jogging. She is at my door with her watch thingy on. "I have something different for you to do" she says to me "Get you out of your psyche" she says, with a weird smile on her lips.

We set off, still doing the 2.00 running with the 1.30 minute walking, only today, when we get to the top of the first long road, she says we are turning right. Those of you who know my route, if we turn left we would be going down hill, turning right is up hill!

I think Him upstairs must be feeling sorry for me, because by the time we crossed over the road it was the walking bit. I have never felt so grateful. I had a feeling that Naggy Neighbour was planning this, she must have been thinking about it all day, even sending me a text half hour before saying, that she was on her way. I can just imagine the laugh as she pushed the send button.

And it seemed He was smiling on me all the way into PettsWood, every hill we arrived at, it happened that it was the walking for one and half minutes. Naggy Neighbour was getting slightly frustrated with this as she said "I will get you to run up a hill!"

The route we were taking is going to go through a park, its a nice route, and now I know exactly where we are head, and it is a longer route than my usual 3.34 miles.
Now I know why Naggy Neighbour was smiling. As we get through the park, I notice Naggy Neighbour really slowing down as we are walking along, and then I notice the hill! Ok, so its not like the long hills that we just came up, its a little steep hill, and I know its going to hurt!

But this is what Naggy Neighbour has been waiting for, "Now, I will show you how to run up hills" she says, totally loving the look on my face. "Arms up, swinging your self up the hill, attack it" she says, at least that is what I hope she said as I just ran at the hill with all my might. After only about a minute or less we were up the hill (it could have even been shorter than that, to me it seemed like an hour) thats how short the hill was.

By now my muscles had remembered to complain, but Naggy Neighbour kept on encouraging me, "you're doing so well" and then without even taking a breath said "keep going, only 40 seconds before the rest" She has this split personality, one minute good, next minute total nagomaniac!

We get through the park, and start on up the road and then down "At the bottom here" says naggy neighbour "I will tell your average pace. That is exactly 3 miles" she says informatively. All I know that at the bottom of that road, if we go up the road like we do when running my route, we still have a mile to go!

AT the bottom of the road, true to her word she says "You have done brilliantly, 3 miles in 34.45 minutes!" Oh wow! WOW WOWO WOW, that is the fastest that I have ever run 3 miles before. But yet, we are still 1 mile from home!

"We are going straight across and through the park" says Naggy Neighbour. "Oh thank you, thank you, thankyou" is what I should have said, but Im sure all I managed to say was "Ok" Going through the park was only 0.7 miles from home. 0.7 miles, hark at me, I remember when I couldn't even run 100 yards! But this 0.7 miles seems to be a long slog. I am beginning to dislike Naggy neighbours watch thingy as it beep beep beeps to tell us that our walking bit has finished at that we should be running.

I'm thinking about my chicken salad now, waiting for me when I get home, maybe a nice long cool drink, or even a cuppa. Just this last road now, just this last road, Naggy Neighbour going into nag overdrive as she tells me not to slow down, to keep going, turning the corner now, faster, faster, Naggy Neighbour is urging me to stretch my legs, arms up high, "Finish in style" that's my motto, and I think Naggy Neighbour has been reading my blog, as she urges me to 'race her' to the door.

44.07, Wow, that is bloody good timing for me, excuse my french, but wow. 3.7 miles, way over 5k almost 6k yeah, not bad for an old unfit girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment