Saturday 1 January 2011

Festive 5k

Hello blog lovers.

I know its been, like forever since my last blog, but what with the weather and Christmas and loads of other stuff, things has become a bit stagnant in the running department.

But, this is the start of the new year, and my enthusiasm is still as strong as ever, even more so in fact as Santa bought me the fabulous new gizmo to wear. Its a Garmin Forerunner 110, with hear rate monitor!.

I used my new gizmo yesterday for the first time, just to give it a test run and to get my festive 5k in before the 1st January! It worked a treat Pity I didn't! Now on the map my run site, the route that I took to my sisters house (that's my end point, and where hopefully there was a cold one in the fridge) it said 3.1 miles. Great, That's all I need for a festive 5k, I can bang that on the site with all the other information that my new gizmo gives me, i.e. pace, distance, heart rate, lap, calories! Its a fantastic little thing, plus it has a go faster stripe in pink! But, when I arrived at my sisters house the garmin, using satellites from space, tracked me at 2.94 miles!! Not only that, but after I input all the information on the garmin site it said that I had stopped!! That's right! Stopped! And I don't mean stopped as in how naggy herself says I stopped, you know, walking rather that jogging, but stopped as in static, not moving, still! How bloomin dare it say that I had stopped! I just wouldn't figure it out. I had ran (and walked some) all the way to nagging sisters house, no once did I stop for a breather.

It was only after I was getting ready for the night out to see out the old year, and in with the new, that I remembered. Of course I stopped, it would have been suicide not to have stopped! I was waiting to cross a road! And I was waiting for about 30 odd seconds! Phew.

But knowing that, knowing the Garmin can even notice that I stop still altogether, I am going to have to be on the more all the time!

So the information on my new Garmin

2.94 miles (3.1 on mapmyrun)
37:28 mins
heart rate 146
avg pace 12:45
386 calories

How cool is that!!

Now. all I need is to get all the rest of the technology in my house to work properly! It seems that our router is now caput and as I have downloaded my Garmin connect on to my laptop, I having having to plug in direct from the modem to here to be able to use my laptop. Very uncomfortable it is sitting up here and not on my lovely arm chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment