Sunday 9 January 2011

First Run Of The Year With Naggy!

Hello blogess.

What a gorgeous day it is today, the sun is shining, its not exactly freezing, and I'm up for my run after church.

I called on naggy to see if she wanted to come with me, as she is at a loose end. "Sure" she says "But can we make it a little later" "Of course that's no problem" I said, I just thought I can just get on with the housework instead!

Naggy knocked on my door. I wasn't ready, even though I suggested to her that I would be ready by 3. Its surprising how housework takes over! But there stood naggy, looking like a troublesome hoody, she wasn't in her usual running gear. "I am using this run as a warm down, to keep the muscles loose" she tells me. Naggy had already been out for her jog this morning! 5 miles already, plus 5 miles yesterday! So between the pair of us this is really going to be a slow, 'keep the muscles from seizing up' run, because I had 13 miles in my legs from my cycle ride yesterday.

We took it really slowly, the sun almost blinding us, and we were chatting away as you do, when girls get together, and the first 3 quarters of a mile went by really quickly and easily, but then my muscles started complaining, and reminding me that they have been well worked over this weekend, I had my first walk stop before the mile marker! But naggy was quite generous, no nagging, just a gentle reminder to get back to running, (I think the ten miles in her legs are reminding her that she has done her bit this weekend). But she did say to me "No more stopping now until Turpington lane." I kind of just agreed.

Well, I didn't quite make it to Turp, but again Naggy was quite generous and not too much nagging! She must be getting soft! Down Greenway is when Naggy said that I could have an 'official' stop. Of course a 'Stop' is just a stop from jogging, not stopping altogether, unlike what the Old Boy wanted me to do yesterday on Old Hill while cycling!

We chatted all the way, I think we put the worlds to right, abolished some governments, moaned about the buses and wet damp people on them and generally just took this run very very easy.

We got home, and I really didn't even put my usual sprint on and stopped my watch. 46:03 seconds. Very slow indeed. But it was good to get another one in before the new week begins.

So the rest of the vital stats

Time 46:03 (I know I just told you)
Distance 3.32 Miles
HR avg 138 bpm Max 164 bpm

P.S. The Old Boy has really got the bug now, and took himself for a jog after we got back and had tea, he did 2.24 miles in 26 mins!

No comments:

Post a Comment