Thursday 6 January 2011

Another Dark Run!

Hello blogees.

What a day it was today! I woke up and it was dark and raining! I got up, it was dark and raining. But I thought I would get dressed in my running gear in anticipation of the rain stopping. I had a cup of tea, and breakfast, and still it was dark and raining. I did some housework, changed beds put a wash on, danced around, made phone calls, paid off bills, sorted out Internet, and still it was dark and raining!

Would the rain ever stop! I was getting restless feet, my daughter called me, and I had to take my car to her house to pick up my travel cot, and her car seat as her car was sick and need the skills of a mechanic. When I opened the door I was like a greyhound out of the trap and ran for my car!

But I'm guessing you all know that I did do a run today, which is why you all reading the ramblings of this mad woman.

The rain stopped and I managed to get out for my run about quarter to five! I am not keen on running in the dark, but needs must. If I am going to get up to speed to be able to run with the PWR's again then I need to run at least 3 times a week and keep building up my stamina!

The roads were wet and puddles were everywhere, I was hurdling them to save my feet from getting too wet, I suppose its better than hurdling lazy dog owners 'dogs doings' although in this light it will be had to spot those! I have my HRM strapped on and my garmin on my wrist, I am looking forward to 'analyzing' the data as this will be the first time I have done the same run twice using the Garmin. I really wanted to beat Tuesdays time, but as I have noticed in the past, certain days, certain times in the days, have different effects on my running, and of course what I have eaten during the day. But still it will be interesting reading, if you are a geek like I am becoming!

So far so good, I was approaching the main road now, and from here on its the homeward journey. I am pleased with that, (I have had more walking stops today than I did on Tuesday!) but I know that even that sometimes does not indicate a slower time.

Heading towards the pub now, and I am doing the thing that I have been telling my kids not to do for the past 26 years, and that's 'cuffing it' Wiping my nose on my sleeves! I had forgotten to bring some hankies! In the cold weather along with the running, liquid pours out of every orifice!

The little hill leading to the walking bridge over the railway, drew a little cry of exasperation from me, but the thought that was going through my head, after I told myself of for whimpering, is "Well, Old Girl, do you remember you couldn't even run up your stairs without requiring the oxygen mask half way up" So I eased up on myself. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day!, it has taken 40 odd years of neglect and abuse to get to that stage, and I am having to repair things slowly, slowly slowly, ........ a bit like my desktop computer really!

The road home, oh! was fabulous. Its down hill, By now its pretty dark, but I'm on the bus route, the main road, and there are people I am having to 'weave' through as they make their way home from work. I am looking forward to running up my road. My feet are wet now as I was having trouble seeing puddles, and was just splashing though them, but its not far off now. Soon be home.

I was keeping an eye on my Garmin, I'm so enjoying this new gizmo, I am interested in how hard my heart is working. I know I can push harder, but my legs are refusing to do what I know my heart can do! There is obviously a lack of communication between the heart and the legs, I will just have to work on that.

Coming down the road that I dare not stop on was a joy! My dinner will be cooked, and a cuppa waiting for me. I put the spurt on as I reached my path, (I really must start this further up the road now) and as soon as I reached my house I stopped my Garmin and checked the time! Darn it! Its slower than Tuesday! Well, I knew it would be.

So today's stats

Miles 3.03 (Don't ask me its different, but I did the same route)
Time 40:20 mins
Heart rate Avg 143 max 152 bpm

Now I could give so much more info but I don't want to be too geeky!

No comments:

Post a Comment