Tuesday 25 January 2011

Calm Before The Rest Day

Hello Blogers

I am seriously thinking about starting another blog, one for cycling! I have been doing a lot of it lately, and today hasn't changed, I did more cycling with the Old Boy!

"I just fancy doing an easy ten miles today babe" he says to me. When I mapped out the instructions yesterday, it was 10 point something miles. Quite do-able before dinner, and starting off a bit later, but I was looking forward to it.

We set off, the Old Boy lit up like a christmas tree, with new lights, blinking back and front! Me with my boring non blinking lights, (and I had to change the batteries en route too). The Old Boy headed up towards the usual way, towards turnaround lamppost, but then spun round and headed towards Faringdon. I followed on, being mesmerised by both of his lights.

"So where we going?" I asked him, "The route you mapped out yesterday" he said. "Ok, I shall follow you then" And so we were off.

I thought he was going to go up Hollingworth, that is a steep hill, but its all over and done with in a couple of minutes, but he decided to go down to the next right turn and do the slightly less steeper hill, but it does go on for a bit longer. I'm glad its not rain out, although it was earlier, and the ground is wet with puddles in the kerbs.

We rode up Crofton and then turned right towards Locksbottom. This is the route I have done a few times by myself, but usually in the day time! The Old Boy is a lot faster than me, I'm not sure if its his bike with the millions of gears, or if its because he is stronger than me, or if its just because I ride at a snails pace, but he has to wait for me to catch up! I like to think its because he has to have a rest!

I managed to get up to Locksbottom, and we are heading straight over. I was already In the right lane, the Old boy wasn't, well he had pulled over to wait for me! From here it is a really pleasant ride, well, when I say pleasant, the hills are not too bad, but the road!! It's full of potholes, and breaks, and bumps, and dips, and puddles! My bottom has be tenderised!

It's just a long road that we are following, no right or left turns yet, and down hill as well. It certainly is an easy ride today, in readiness for tomorrows rest day, well for him, I am hoping to get a run in first thing in the morning! It was a long road, uneventful, nothing to write home about, or blog about. And the we turned right, and then a left, into Tiepegs Road. A weird name I thought, I wonder if it has any reason why its called that?

I can remember, another hill, and I'm sure this is where I had to change batteries. I wish the Garmin site was up and running, since I have been using the Garmin I can follow my route, and remember what I was thinking. Oh well, back to the old days, and use the old grey matter again.

We were cycling up Westmorland road but then he turned off and headed towards Bromley south, and up that hill. But instead of turning right and headed off home, he turns left and heads on back towards Bromley. Where the flippin nora is he going!

We were going the same way we did yesterday, down London Lane and then head towards Plastow Lane. More hills. Oh well, its a rest day tomorrow! I shall have earned my rest day! Hills to ride up and come down. Thank goodness it's still not raining. We soon came to Southborogh Lane. But instead of going straight across, the way that I mapped it out yestereday, the Old boy heads off up to PettsWood. "Where the f....flippin heck is he going?" I just followed on. Not liking this heading up towards PettsWood business, one bit, but maybe he will turn down Oxhawth and head on home from there. But OH NO! Straight past Oxhawth, and the second one. That's where a little ditty popped into my mind, and I'm sorry people, but I'm too much of a lady, and not going to repeat what I was saying, in fact I am going to wash my mind out with soap!

Up the hill to Pettswood, we ride, up another flamin hill, why would he do that to me, why, why. Has he not done enough for today?!! But I keep following, no stopping, I don't want to give him the satisfaction! Besides, the expletives coming from me is very therapeutic!

"You did that really well" he said to me, I just glared at him before I said "Why did you just make me do that hill, I thought we were going through the park?" "Well, I thought you could do with a little bit extra as we are having a rest day tomorrow"

A nice gentle ride home now. Not bombing it, just slowly going home, easy on the legs.

Stop the Garmin, after the Old Boy reminded me, yet again. So the stats are:-

No comments:

Post a Comment