Wednesday 29 September 2010

Another Rainy Run!

Hi bloggers,

What a week. I have not been out running for ages it seems, I was itching to get out. But then when I had the chance to it starts to rain! There was nothing for it, I just had to get out and run.

On with my gear, hair tied back, no gizmos with me, I don't suppose the rain will do them any good, and just go out.

I decided to be hard on myself. I am going to attempt to run at least 4 miles if not 5! Well, I am going to be out running in the rain, looking a complete mess, I might as well make it worth it.

Its quite refreshing running in the rain. I am not worried about my hair going frizzy, because I know I am going to look a wreck after this run even if the sun was shining. I turn left on my road and left again, ready for the long run ahead.

My idea is to run down my hated hill. Oh I am so looking forward to that, and I shall stamp my foot all the way down. Then I shall head on to the A21 and turn right to the roundabout. I am going this way, because I know there wont be many people about in the park, and when there is just one nutty runner on her own, its best to stay on roads.

The first mile done, and I'm still running, just past the pub now thinking about my nemesis, ha ha ha, "now who has the last laugh, hill" I said to my self, as I ran down the hill, just up this hill though near the school is where I do my first bit of walking. I think I did push out really hard and fast though. Ok, I am trying to justify myself here, but it is true.

So remembering what naggy says, "Choose car, lamppost street furniture, anything, and run to that, then choose another and run to that" I managed to do this all the way to the Common. Turning right now and heading for the roundabout.

Stopped running another time on this bit of road, and when I got to the roundabout I said out load, "All the way up this road now, old girl!" I had to say it out load to myself. Its just an awesome road to run up. From the beginning to the end, Pettswood! Its a mental thing now, no naggy to take pity on me, and me being hard on myself, and mapping out this long route, in the rain! It has to be done.

Of course I stopped running down this road! I am not a sadist! Saddo maybe, for running in the rain, and now its beginning to get dark! When I reached the pub that is just a mile from my home, already I am saying to myself, "Maybe its best to go down one of the Oxhawths now old girl, you have done well, and its dark, and wet, and you're aching" I really wanted to, I really wanted to go down the first Oxhawth, but I managed to go past this and headed on to the next one.

Again, my mind was saying to me to take this road, my legs are hurting, I'm wet through, its dark, and its not going to get any easier. How I found the strength to push past this and head on up to Pettswood I don't know. I ran past my friends turning, I was looking at their door hoping that maybe they were outside for some reason, which would give me a great excuse for stopping and chatting, but no, of course being sensible people there are in for the night, all cosied down, watching t.v. with a nice hot cuppa!

So there I was, heading for Pettswood. The furthest I have ever run (with walking) so far, ever, in my lifetime! Yippee! I done it, I ran the whole way, from Crown lane Spur, Southborough Lane, Frankswood Avenue! There, done it! Hows that Naggy, Hows that Nagging Sister, friends, sisters, husband, kids! I did it.
Ok, I walked some of the way, but at least 90% is running, if not more. I was never any good at maths. I still have to get home, but from here, it is all heading home.

This bit seemed to go in a blur, I know I walked some and ran some, mainly running mind you. And ran down Hollingworth road, I love running down here, but from here I really did run all the way home, no stopping, I even had a very tiny bit left for finishing in style!

Satisfied, I knoxk on the door, check the time, I had been out running for 1 hour and 7 minutes. Total distance today is 5.2 miles! (8.37km) nearly running 10k! Yup, I am very pleased with that, no doubt naggy will be saying something about the walking though!

No comments:

Post a Comment