Sunday 26 September 2010

Sunday Blog About Saturdays Run.

Hi Blog lovers.

This blog is very, very late indeed. Almost a day and half late! But still, its here, for all to see.

Naggy text me early Saturday morning, 09:34 (well, its early for me on a Saturday) asking if I fancied a run. Of course, I love running with naggy (would you believe) so I was virtually out of the bed and in my joggers before my text message had reached her phone.

After grabbing some water for my bum bag we set off. It was a lovely warm morning, the sun was shining, and I knew I would be needing my water, but there is that chill in the air now, to remind us that it is autumn. Naggy is in a long sleeve shirt, I have my shrunken hoody on, but I know this will be tied around my waist a bit later.

Naggy tells me that we are going a longer route that what I have been doing. This is good, I thought to myself, because I do need to add more distance in my running, not necessarily speed, just distance. Speed can come later on.

We still head off out to the park, and through there and head on up to the A21. Just as I thought my hoody comes off and is tied around my waist, and I am looking up towards the main road. "We are going to go straight down to the roundabout" says naggy. I always thought that this road is a long long road, I was glad of the turning that leads me to my nemesis hill. At least I didn't have to face running up that, as naggy so kindly pointed out.

I was feeling the run today. Maybe jumping straight out of bed and running is not good to do, maybe having a bit of fuel inside of me to start the day is what is needed for me first. At least a cup of tea with some sugar in it! I did have a lovely dinner the night before, well, chinese! but it was noodles, and ribs and things, mmmmmm, ribsss....... Sorry, where was I. Oh yes, so the energy level was not quite right, but I also have another theory I'm working on as well, so I shall have a look back soon and see if there is a patten forming here.

As we passed the road with that hill on it, I felt the energy levels drop, as I realised that I am still heading away from home, and there is still quite a way to get to the roundabout. Naggy was helping me to keep going, she encouraged and advised and nagged me to keep on running. When we reached the roundabout, I felt quite pleased with myself. And then naggy says, "Now, don't think about this too much, but we are running up the whole length of this road, till the end!" I couldn't even answer. Just the thought of it is quite daunting! I used to get a bus from the bottom to the top here to get to my doctors! That's how long I used to think this road is! And now naggy wants to run the whole of it, all the way into PettsWood? I can't, I won't think about that.

Running up now, towards home, this is a comfort, it will all be over soon. And the breakfast! We reached Turpington Lane, the road that I used to turn left into to go up Greenway. Yet here I am, running past it on my right. Running up the roads that I used to run down, seems weired to me, yet refreshingly different. Its good to mix things up a bit. Keep on running, energy levels are in my boots now, my legs are feeling like they have been filled with lead. Maybe I should have waited till I got back to have my iron tablet! Maybe its turned my legs to iron!

Reaching the pub now. Naggy encouraging, all the way. "Use this straight to get your breathing under control, conserve energy, shoulders back, arms down, head up" Don't she nag!! but in a good way of course. I felt disappointed when she said that so far we haven't done anything that I haven't done before, I have run further that this. Just further up this road is where the extra bit is. I couldn't understand why my legs felt like lead. The backs of my thighs are aching, and in my mind I was aching!

I am not sure how far naggy wants to run me, but I am looking at the first Oxhawth. Before we get there, I have walked, to take a good gulp of my water without knocking my teeth about! Nagging wasn't very pleased at all. "Come on, no stopping, keep going" If I could have pointed out to naggy, that walking wasn't actually stopping then I would have done.

The first Oxhwath came up, "Down here" I says hoping that she would take pity, but no such luck. We ran on, I was thinking to myself that there is no way I am going to make it into Pettswood, not without a walk session. But, it seemed that naggy did take pity, or maybe, I misunderstood about 'the whole way down the road' because naggy turned down the second oxhawth. From here I managed to run all the way home, my legs were heavy and aching, my energy levels were left somewhere near the pub, I wasn't sure I even had a bit left to 'finish in style' That didn't stop naggy nagging me though, 'come on finish in style old girl' and with those words, I managed to find a little bit hidden somewhere to bring a spurt of speed to her door.

As we walking out the miles, I was saying to naggy that I was fairly pleased with the time and she said "If you hadn't have stopped it could be a little quicker" I walked for ten paces, TEN PACES She is a hard task master sometimes!

3.88 miles, with hills, in 47.18 minutes, if I have remembered correctly. Then that night I had curry with the brothers and sisters as an impromptu easy going evening to celebrate the old boys 50th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment