Sunday 12 September 2010

Sunny Sunday!

Hi blog readers.

Lovely day today, the sun is shining, I had a very good time at church, (even though things were a bit chaotic in the beginning) and I'm looking forward to my roast dinner later.

Right now its time to run! I don't know why I still do this, find things to do before I go out, but there was washing to hang out, washing to put in, and the dishwasher to fill up. All I can think of is that is remnants of couch potato still trying to take control of the new 'I'm really loving running and cycling' me.

All that done, IPOD on, I decided I can't do without music or knowing how fast I run, so the IPOD stays! Heading out into the warm sunny day. The route I'm running today is the hilly route that I did yesterday, and this time I am going to go down to the second Oxhawth and back up the hill. I should have done that yesterday, I did have energy to do it, but mustn't dwell on that now.

Turning right at the roundabout and up past my church, I can't worry about if there is anyone left there now, just to focus on getting up the hill in one go. I took a quick glance up, it just seemed to grow in front of me. I knew I could do this. I had a good run yesterday, shorter than my usual routes, a good feed, and chocolate cake, sons very sticky, very sweet, very naughty birthday cake. I attacked the hill, there were cars going up here and the passengers were looking at me as if I was alien, crazy to be running in the heat of the day, up hill, on a Sunday. I wasn't go to think of them. I am on a mission. I am going to run the 'Famous Petts Wood 10K' in October, and I need to train, train, train. I do not want to be still running the route after and hour and half. That would be the slowest ever for this race, and that's a title I don't want.

Run, run, run, the top is in sight, my water in my bum bag sloshing about in the bottle, oh just stop now and have a little drink! NO! NO! Not yet, get to the top, get to the turning then have a drink. I did it. I managed to run the whole of the hill this time, my legs weren't feeling too bad, my breathing was all over the place, and my throat was dry as the desert! But I did it. I allowed my self to slow to walking pace and grab a well earned drink! Two or three sips later, I was back to running.

There is a district lack of joggers I have noticed today. Maybe I am a bit crazy being out at this time of the day, jogging up hills, but I know that if I didn't go now, then later on, after I have cooked dinner, eaten dinner, cleared away, then I would just settle in front of the tv and 'veg'

Running along passed the school now, its amazing how this run is progressing, it feels quicker than all the other routes, well of course it is shorter, and therefore, technically quicker, but the hills should have slowed me down, I'm not looking at the stop watch until I get home, I want to be surprised, (hopefully) as to what I run it in, but some how, it just feels as if I am zipping through this.

Under the railway bridge now, and turn left to run pass the pub. This time of day there will be people sat outside, with cool beers, no doubt smoking, but cool beers! If I see anyone I know and they stop me, I don't think I will have any will power to say no to a pint right now, maybe I shouldn't look at them sitting outside. But maybe I should, because it would be rude to ignore them if the see me!

Oh well, there wasn't anyone there there that I knew! No freebie beer for me! Turn the corner now and head home.

It did seem strange to run pass the first Oxhawth Crescent as that takes me home. But I mapped out the route, and the three miles includes going to the second Oxhawth and up it to the last long road to my house. The hill on this road is in my mind now. I am determined to run up it. Arms raised, attack the hill, head up, shoulders back, breath, concentrate, you can do it, keep going, to the top, nearly there, go on go on! YES! Did it. But now I stop running! Tut, time for a quick slug of water and then get the job done. From here till I get to my house I ran all the way, no stopping, even picked up the speed on my road, always have to finished in style, especially as I know that naggy neighbour is outside her house cleaning her car!

Oh yes, the time! 3.07 miles in 39.20 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment