Sunday 19 September 2010

Partner/Solo Run Today!

Hi blog watchers.

Its a lovely evening for a jog. I didn't get out to watch the end of the Chislehurst Chase today, but things happen, don't they.

I text Naggy to see if she was going out for a run, and she was just getting ready. See, great minds and all that. But she wanted to go for a long run, wheres I am still not up for that yet! But part of the route she was going was that same as I was planning on running, so at least she can nag me for some of the way.

She arrived on my doorstep, with all her gizmos and her radio this time, well as she wont need to nag me after the first mile, she can enjoy her run to music. We set off at what I thought was racing speed! (but apparently, so she told me when she got back, it was slower than last time!)I was just about managing to hold a conversation with her, and the thoughts running through my mind is, "Why do I keep asking her to run with me!" But she does keep me running, as it goes to prove when we part company.

As we ran up to the beginning of MagpieHall Lane, she said to me "Keep running, no stopping, especially on the hill up there" and then she took off! I could tell I was slowing her pace down.

So now, all by myself, naggys last words ringing in my ears, my radio playing on my phone, that that hill to look forward to. I paced my self just as she said and all too soon the hills was there. I just wouldn't let it intimidate me any more! No, this is nothing. The hill looming up, mocking me, it knows I am by myself, I can feel it. It wants me to walk up some of the way. I am not changing my line either, I am running on the other side of the road than I normally do, I don't want to give this hill any leeway in making me walk by making stop to let traffic by. I am just going to have to run on the grass verge, keeping an eye out for the dog "sh...........eesh I nearly trod in some!" Keep on at it old girl, you are going to run your socks off.

Up and up and ran. Just slow......no, no, no way, keep going. Going through my mind now is to take the first right and go up Holmcroft, but that's what the hill wants me to do. I am going straight up just to add a little bit extra. MADE IT and I am heading up the entire road. Not only that, but I am going to run past the first Oxhwath and run past the second Oxhawth! That's Right people, I am going up yet another hill!

Now, you know what I'm like when I am running by myself, I am lazy, I allow my self to walk. But this time, I imagined naggy turning around and telling me off, and I carried on running again after about 5 second walks! This happened about 5 times from Southbourough lane to middle of Prescot. But after that I nagged my self stupid, not to stop anymore!!!

I had just a little bit left to finish in style! but only just! I am glad I want out today. 3.82 miles in 48 minutes! I am fairly pleased with that!

Still, room for improvement!!

P.S.
I keep forgeting to write this bit, but now that I have remembered I will, and its brilliant news. You all remember me talking about and jogging with Smarty Pants? Her that said she never been jogging before, and then after a few weeks training goes running 7k at a time? Well, the main reason,(The only one really) that she hasn't got back into her jogging yet is because she is busy growing another little baby! Infact she was doing that when we all did the 5k back in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment