Thursday 9 September 2010

Riding day!

Hi blogees.

On the advice of Naggy Neighbour herself, I decided to have a rest day! In fact she was quite surprised I went out running on Tuesday evening! When I say rest day, I mean a rest from any strenuous exercise. Because cleaning the house does bring on a sweat! So far I have only done down stairs, still time to finish off. I even got in between the seats on the sofas and chairs, you know the place, where people dare not put their hands! And I also washed all the floors too!

I know there are people out there that do the same miles I did on Sunday, as a daily commute almost, but there's the thing, for them its a daily thing. Where as for me, it was almost an aversion therapy!

But it didn't work, I enjoyed my ride very much on Sunday, and as Thursdays and Fridays are my cycle days I decided to just take the bike out to the local supermarket and bank. It's only a mile away, the sun is shining in a bright blue sky with fluffy white clouds, I will hardly break a sweat getting there, and my body wouldn't even notice it. When I got to the Supermarket I locked up my bike and walked around the corner to the bank.

Up in the sky are these rather nasty looking black clouds just to the left of me. Darn it, typical. Well hopefully I will be in and out of both places before they get overhead. Bank done, shopping done. Out of the shop to see ........... rain!

There I was in my bright pink tee shirt, no hat or coat, and my bike getting soaked in the bike stands! Well as I hadn't anyone to pick up from school today, so I could afford to stand under shelter until it passed by. Thankfully that wasn't too long, and then took the opportunity to grab my bike before it started raining again.

I dried my seat off as best as I could, popped the shopping in the back basket and off I went. And do you know what, I was smiling! I love being out on my bike, even in the slightly damp air! It feels good to be healthy and alive! Praise His Name! Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment