Thursday 1 August 2019

Thursday Training - Guess Who Was Leader!

Hello readers

Thursday training sessions in the rec are continuing on through the summer, but we are coming to the time where there will be less people, less leaders so we kind of stop the official meets and then just turn up and all muddle through.  Mind you, talking about muddling through, I made just a little booboo this evening, I thought I was leading next week, it turns out I was actually leading this week! Ooops! So I quickly tried to conjure up a plan for this weeks speed and training session......alas I couldn't so I decided to re-use my old plans, and as there were a couple of little PWR's (well, it's school holidays now!) I thought that they would like it! I stood up tall, spoke to them all and tried to look like  I had things well planned, and I was totally in control and ready for this!  I think I got away with it!

My plan was, two lap run warm up, drills, magpie game, then find Jabra work out for core, end with par luffs and stretches!  For the life of me, I couldn't remember how long we should do each discipline, I usually have it planned on my phone, but I deleted my last one because I was going to work on a new one on my next lead, which of course I thought was next week!

Warm up laps done, drills done and then on to the magpie game.  I asked for four team leaders, then they stood in front of the 24 other runners to start choosing their teams, I made sure that each of the team leaders knew where the faster runners were so they all chose from the fast runners as well as the slower runners! Not only that, but its a great way to introduce ourselves to each other, as I suggested that when they got chosen they just say who they were! I like to be friendly, this core session is a great way to meet our fellow PWR's and to be running along side each other in teams!

They game was set up, I was in Cliffs team, with 7 in each team it was perfect.  It's always a very competitive game this one, with all sorts for strategies going in there to try and build up their pile of cones!  The idea of the magpie game is to have four teams, all the same distance apart from their neighbour and the big pile of cones in the middle.  The idea is to grab and to keep as many cones as possible, winners are the ones with the most.  To get cones, you run to the middle of the pile grab a cone and then run back put it in your next.  Once all cones disappeared from the middle then you can start 'stealing' from your neighbours, just one cone at a time, or from your opposite neighbour 2 cones at a time!  I did that for 6 minutes. (I think I should have done that game for longer) 

Time up with the magpie game (Cliffs team won by the way!) we had a drink and then I got them all ready for some core training which I used a set from my Jabra App!  All good fun!  I found I had plenty of time, too much time for par luffs (I think) my maths not very good, so I quickly come up with a shorter field for Pyramid running.  Another speedy running session.  But once that was started the minutes seem to be disappearing, I won't have enough time for par luffs at this rate.  I was going to have to keep them 'after class' doing the stretches!

Once the pyramid running had finished I quickly arranged everyone into Tuesday groups, then into threes.  We just had about enough time for a quick blast around the green for our relay running!  Stretches done and we finished everything around 8:38.....ish!  Just a little late, but not bad for thinking on my feet! 

Note to self, always check on rotas and emails to see who is leading!

I didn't start my Garmin, mainly because I was keeping an eye of everything and the time!

A great session though, I enjoyed it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment