Tuesday 27 August 2019

Club Run

Hello readers.

Getting back to normal, that's what they say isn't it?  I guess it is, it just doesn't feel normal anymore, but then it will never be the old normal, it's going to be the new normal.  I had run on Saturday, I did parkrun, the day after Kirsty's funeral.  I think I needed to do it, I needed to know myself that I can still get up and do the things I normally do.  Saturday morning was particularly hard for me.  I just felt drained, even my body was physically hurting.  I really didn't want to finish it, but Naggy wasn't having me not finish.  She kept with me, kept talking to me, until that last 500 meters or so, I just cried and cried.  It wasn't pretty, it was the first time I actually just sobbed and sobbed.  It was why I didn't write up my blog for that Saturday, it would have been just full of snot and tears, you didn't need to read that, and I didn't want to write it!  It also got a lot worse that Saturday, when I head about the death of someone else.  I was not a good day.

So today I felt a little bit stronger, I am sure my fitness level has dropped ridiculously, I know I haven't been trying hard of late, I need to just try and push myself, try and get back to at least somewhere where I used to be.  I wasn't leading this evening, Auriol was, me and Wendimoo were sweeping.  I have to just move slowly back to where I was.  Get some of those extra runs that I used to do, get my Psyche straight again.  What I need to say to myself is 'I can do it'.  moreover I got to believe it!

Sweeping for me at the moment is good, no pressure on me to look like I do this every day! I look like a total beginner, puffing and panting at the back as I make my way back to fitness again.  I deffo got to believe that I can do it!  That's the hardest bit for me at the moment, too much negative thoughts about 'I can't keep up, I can't run anymore, I am too slow'  Negative, negative! It's not what I should be listening to! So doing a job at the back, I can do, that's positive. 

I really enjoyed it today actually, we had some new people join us for the first time, one of them was a beginner from the course we had earlier this year.  In fact there were a few newbies this week, some went into higher groups, Shalini brought her friend along, Paul, he went straight into group 10 I think!  Yes, he had done some running!  It's good to have new members, we really are a great group, people just love being a member!

Auriol took us on a 3 mile run, running through the 'posh' side of Petts Wood and the 'poor' side of Petts Wood, or the crinkly crinkly side and the jingly jangly side of Petts wood (crinkly meaning notes, jingly meaning coins!)  She was taking it a bit easier as it was still very warm out, it will get even warmer as we run.  Who needs to spend money on a sauna when you can just go out running with your buddies!

Auriol had planned some nice catch up points and walking sections (thankfully!) I really needed them, everyone else was doing really well.  We did lose a couple of our gang of 13, as two of them decided to cut short their run.  The rest of us carried on, down and up Shepperton and beyond!  We came out on to Lakeswood Road, ran along their till we got Woodhurst Ave.  Do you know what, I didn't even realise where I was or what road I was running on.  I have had to look at my Garmin stats to check the route that we took.  Just following blindly, not thinking about which road to take, it felt pretty good.  We crossed over the high street and then went over the troll bridge, practising out nice and light running technique, Scooby Doo running!  We ran all along Towncourt and then turned right and right again to run to the rec to finish.  It was a really nice run, I enjoyed it, so that's a positive!

So as promised, the fourth time I am putting up this site, if you want to donate to a really fantastic cause please do this, the work that St Christophers does for the young adults is just amazing, I think you can ring fence your donation for St Christophers Young Adults. 

https://www.stchristophers.org.uk/donate

Also for this fantastic new charity set up by the Cystic Fibrosis Supporters, doing some great work too, trying to set up charity shops to help fund raise money on a regular basis for research!

https://cysticfibrosissupporters.org/

Chose your charity!  Or chose both, it's for people like Kirsty, lets try a beat this disease!

My geeky stats.

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/3996758469' title='Bromley Running' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>




No comments:

Post a Comment