Wednesday 31 July 2019

Look At That - Another Nugget!

Hello readers.

Oops I did it again!  I went on another solo run!  I had to, I had cake today! Oh my goodness, it was delicious, but I am glad I only had a small slither of a piece!  I am sure that would calculate to a 3 mile run, I am hoping it does anyway!

I was home early again today, so just as on Monday, no need to waste the extra time, get my gear on and get out running.  I am still finding it hard to go running on my own, I used to do it all the time when I first started.  I think I have just become way to comfortable running with my mates, although that is the most bestest thing about running and belonging to a club!  But we all do still need that extra little bit of discipline, just to make ourselves get out there and do it.  Keep up our own expectations of what we want......or in my case just to get back to what I used to have!  Far too long being way to comfy!

I decided to go to Normans park again, I still wouldn't trust myself to not take the short cuts to get back home if I just ran around the streets, 'as I am there I might as well do the full 3 miles' is what I think.  The park was busy, I am sure the same family I saw on Monday had just arrived to do their evening walk with the little un.  There are runners and walkers, people sitting on the grass chatting and others doing keep first with personal instructors.  And of course the doggie walkers.  Then there's me!  I give my self a chat as I walk along while my Garmin connects to the satellites, I tell myself "You can do this, just don't beat yourself up, have fun, if your knees hurt just walk,"  All the things I would tell runners who are struggling or coming back from injury.  I think the best bit is 'not beat myself up' if I don't do what I set out to do.  The three miles is going to happen, but the run 4 minutes walk 1 could change as I do the three miles.

My Gamin connected just as I got to the MenCap coffee shop, I started my Jabra with my music playing and the started to run.  My legs are feeling a little heavy, but I expect that, I have done 3 days in a row now!  Rest day for me will be on Friday, and maybe Sunday, we will see!  But right now I am looking up the long straight wanting it all to be done and dusted.  I am going to do the summer route of Bromley parkrun, so going across the field and then back again, just so that I only do 2 laps.....and a bit!  As I was running along I felt like I could run for longer than the 4 minutes I set my Garmin, but I knew that would last (already thinking negative) so I made sure that I did my 1 minute walk, I was just a few feet from second pavilion on the long straight when the walking section started. I really wanted to keep going, just so that I was passed the pavilion, but I am being sensible. "Remember your knees Old Girl" I reminded myself, so I started the walking.

So far so good, Jabra reminded me to speed up when I was walking, the music that I was listening to through Spotify was spot on for bpm!  Matched perfectly to what I had set up on Jabra.  A few times the voice in my ears told me to 'Slow down to reach your target pace!" I do like it when it says that.  When it tells me quite a lot of times to slow down I will change the pace!   That's how my run went, I kept focused on my music, trying to match step for beat so that I wasn't concentrating on the actual running.  It worked well, a little too well because I ran right through one of my 'walking minutes'.  I did struggle towards the end, took a few cheek walks, pretending that I was claiming it back from the 1 minute walk that I missed out on.

I was disappointed though, to see that my time today for a three mile run was slower that on Monday, a quick reminder of my chat to myself at the beginning, about not beating myself up work wonders, because then I remembered I did the grassy bit twice this time, where as on Monday I continued to run on the tarmac for the first lap.  Slightly different terrain, I think I will have to stick with this one for all my other solo runs in Normans Park!

Here's my geeky stats.






No comments:

Post a Comment