Wednesday 28 August 2019

An Evening Run Around


Hello readers.

This mojo maintaining stuff is hard, this fitness maintaining stuff is hard!  Why is it so easy to get fat and flabby, and so much tastier too!  But I have to keep it going.  I was supposed to get up early this morning and go for a run with Naggy, but the weather put us off, "Turn back over Old girl" said Naggy in a text "It's pouring out"  I snuggled back under my duvet with a huge smile on my face!  But only for an extra hour, I had plans this afternoon to go see my stepmum, lovely lunch at the Grovner Hotel in Victoria.  Now that was delicious!

On my way back though Pat text me to see if I would go for a run with her, PastorPaul has broken his toe, so there's no running for him for a while!  I thought "Why not, I was totally lazy this morning, I should go" So went I did! (Is that even grammar?")  Pat suggest a run around the local parks, but I like the discipline that I feel Normans Park gives me.  As I have made my way there I might as well make it worth while.  We got all out gadgets ready, music, Jabra, Garmin, Pat had her MP3 going.  I think I run better to a beat, I can concentrate on the music rather than that little voice in my head that says "I can't do it"

We have a quick warm up walk while Satellites connect and then 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Go!  Jabra counts down and we start running.  For some reason, Pat wanted to race ahead, I had asked her if she had done some warm up exercises already!  She did a few she said!  Well, I hadn't, apart from the warm quick walk, so we need to start off at a slower pace and then get up to pace.  I have Jabra set up for 12:30 m/mi, at the moment I don't really want to change that.  I have also got Garmin set up for run/walk 4 min/1 min.  That bit is to help my knees!  I must really find someone who can possible help with that matter.  I need a doctor who runs!  Can you imagine how many patients a doctor like that would have on his books!

So there we were, nice and steady, get the breathing sorted, get the pace sorted, just ease into a nice couple of miles, just perfect for an extra mid week run.  The fact that I am out running is good, think positive!   I ignored the first walking stop, ran straight through it, well, my knee hadn't given me jip so just keep going.  Pat seemed good with the pace too, now that I slowed her down!  What was she thinking, racing off ahead like that! Take it easy, build up, maintain, sprint if it's in there, or just take it easy till the finish!  All sounds pretty good, I have to stop putting the walking bits in there! Or at least the un-scheduled walking parts.  I actually missed the first walking minute and carried on through to the second running bit, I was feeling ok and my knee didn't tell me it didn't like it!  Pat seemed fine with it too.  

I was just saying to pat, this time last year if I had said that she would be asking me to go for a run with her she would have pee'd her pants laughing!  I can remember when she turned up at the beginners in her parker jacket and casual trousers, expecting with every week for it to be the last week! And now he she is, running pants, the most colourful ones she could find, running shoes and music to run to!  That's what PWR does for people!  What a bloody brilliant club we have!

Anyway, back to our running, we were running up the long straight, and the first mile nearly done.  We were running in the opposite direction that we would normally run if it was parkrun.  Well, I am going to miss the 500th park run birthday at Bromley this Saturday, the Old Boy has managed to book us a short break! I so wanted to do it, but me and Pat did our own 'widdershins' run.  It's good to mix it up a bit!  We only did two loops of the park but it was enough for both of us.  I particularly enjoyed the last run up the long straight of the second loop because I ran past my mental stop, the place where I said in my head, get there and then a quick walk, run to the end.  But I managed to run all the way to our official finish of our evening.  I must have looked a sight though, because I noticed that I had my tongue out, panting like a dog!  A bit like this I guess!

A blimmin good run, I am glad I got out.  I just got to stay positive, keep thinking positive thoughts and get my arse out there and do it!  



No comments:

Post a Comment