Wednesday 11 January 2017

Wednesday With Tracy!

Hello blog lovers.

We are back at it, a couple of miles on a Wednesday, interval training usually but as Tracy hasn't been well for 3 weeks (she has had the lurgy too) it was a 'get around a couple of laps' run!  I should say at least, Tracy didn't do any interval training.....but I kind of, sort of did!  You see, it wasn't just me and Tracy out there running, I had the pooch with me too!  He does love a run!

We pulled up into the car park and little Dexter couldn't get out quick enough! We walked over to the beginning of the long path, as we always do, and then I let Deci off his lead!  He just pelted out in front and me and Tracy just ran on behind him.  So far so good!  I said to Tracy that she should just do what she couldn't I wouldn't be nagging her to speed up or slow down, or to keep running!  We are just going to get around and see how it all goes.

Tracy set the pace, where as Dexter set mine!  I had to stop and get him back from the other dogs that he wanted to play with, then I had to play catch up to Tracy with the dog speeding in front of me!  That little pooch got a few extra treats than normal as I tried to bribe him to come to me and heel!  There were quite a few pooches out this afternoon, and it seemed Dexter wanted to say hello to all of them!  I was exhausted trying to catch up to Tracy again.  But It was good interval training!  I cut across the grass at the top to meet her on the right hand long straight.

Back with Tracy and Dexter behaving himself we ran along all the way to the end.  Tracy ran all the way non stop, I of course had my stopping 'get Dexter' sections and my fast running to catch Tracy and then we had to do it all again!  I was hoping the treats would last!  The same thing happened on the second lap, mainly because all the doggies that were on the first one was still doing their daily constitutionals!  It can only be doing me good right, and it was definitely good for Tracy, with just the little walking section after the first mile, she ran the whole way round!

So all in all a good run!  No run is a bad run, if you're out there getting your heart rate higher than normal resting rate for 30 mins then it's all good! So geeky stats, I think Tracy ran further tho, because I did cut the corner at the top of the park!


`

No comments:

Post a Comment