Wednesday 30 November 2016

Solo Wednesday Evening Run

Hello blog lovers.

You may have notice or maybe not, but I haven't written anything about Club night run. That's because I didn't go running yesterday!  I was eating curry and chocolate cake!  Boy was it good, but I left group 1 in the capable hands of J.J.  I was out celebrating a birthday with Tracy!

Because of circumstances I didn't get out running with Tracy and Ade this afternoon, so I had to go out by myself this evening! Alone! Just me! Solo!  My goodness if that isn't that hardest bit of running in the winter time then I don't know what is!  Getting out in the dark, freezing night all by yourself!  But, I went out! I went out looking bright as a button, and no, it wasn't because of the smile on my face, although I did have a rather big smile on my face! No, the reason I was looking as bright as a button is because of these bad boys!

What do you think of these!

How they look in the dark!


My birthday presents from my son! I was lit up like a Christmas tree, I would have used them yesterday if I wasn't eating curry!  At least using these this evening it helped me with my running mojo!  I was so keen to get out and light up Petts Wood!  Maybe I should have had a 'Lighting up ceremony' on my own!  I only wanted to run about 3 miles this evening.  I don't know when I am going to further than that, but I will, I promise! It may come after Christmas, when I am in the right frame of mind to lose weight, get fitter and who knows, maybe even lose a few inches!

I wanted to do a different route, not the usual Turpington Lane and back.  That one has got a bit demoralising for me now.  So I planned a route in my mind, I didn't know exactly how far it was, whether it was more or less than 3 miles, but that was the route I was going to do.  No deviations to make it longer or shorter, just run it, show off my lights and try and have fun!  I ran out of the house and up my road then on to Faringdon Avenue to the round about!  I was hoping people would be around to see me coming, I don't think they could miss me! But there wasn't anyone around!  I ran up Hollingworth road and onto Prescott.  I looked down at my shoes and then I noticed that one of my light up laces wasn't lighting up! Boy was I a bit peeved about that!  I thought that some how it had switched off by accident.  I switched the button and it flashed and then died.  Darn it!  It must be a loose connection! (I am only saying that now because that is what the Old Boy said when I got back!)  So I ran the rest of my run being a little peeved, but at least I still had my arm bands flashing away and one shoe flashing away!  It was then that I remembered I didn't pick up my Ipod!  I was so eager to get out looking like a Christmas Tree I forgot to pick up my music!  Oh well!

I just had to concentrate on my running now. I tried to to worry about it, just concentrate on doing some good running.  It wa pretty cold out, but by the time I was on Crescent Drive I was nicely warmed up.  I had a long sleeve top on under my cycling jacket!  Can you image what I must look like when the car lights hit me!  Red flashing arms, purple light up shoes.....er shoe and hi viz on my jacket!  There is no way people are going to miss me!

I ran along to Shepperton Road and then straight up to the main road.  I ran along to Tudor way.  At least there were people around now!  They could see me!  I wish I knew what they were thinking!  I saw a runner as I was going under the bridge, she noticed me and said "Hi!" Not that I like to be in the lime light, but I do like to make people smile!  And I think seeing a big old pink clad bird lit up like a Christmas tree would probably do exactly that!  It did me!  When I first saw these light up laces and arm bands last year I had 'light up' envy! So I had promised myself that I would get myself some for this winter!  Having a birthday in November is quite handy when my son had asked for suggestions for a gift!

My route took me pass the Daylight Inn.  I knew there wouldn't be too many people outside there this evening, its way too cold, even for the hardened smokers!  I took the left turn by the round about and ran passed the One Inn the Wood, a favourite haunt of many a PWR including me!  I ran over the 'Troll Bridge' and in the opposite direction was a running pal of mine! I think I was walking at the time too because I was chatting to the chap from the Kebab shop he was walking to work!  But then he said to me "Come on, you should be running" and he ran just along the rest of the bridge with me! It made me smile!

So just the last couple of roads to do, Southborough lane, bottom Oxhawth, Farringdon and then mine. Ok a couple more than just a couple!  When I was running along Farringdon I found myself walking a couple of steps! "No Old Girl, I don't think so!  This is the road where you do not stop!" I thought to myself! "Get you ass back to running"  I tell you, I was totally flabbergasted with myself for walking those couple of steps, just by the roundabout! My gast was totally flabbered! I gave myself a telling and got back to the business of running!  I reasoned with myself that I was still not feeling too good.  I'm still snotty and weak.  This cold together with missing mojo and lazyitus is tough going!

I got back home and I saw that I had done 3 miles, exactly what I hoped this route covered.  I know I have done this route before but I couldn't remember how long it was, another reason to smile!  Yup I enjoyed this run!  It was tough, it was tough getting out in the first place, and tough to keep on running when I wanted to walk. Oh, I did walk, the geeky stats will show that, darn it!  It's all there to be studied.  I study it, I look at it and try and visualise what I was thinking while I was walking.  I don't know if it helps me, but I know the next time I do the route, I do try to run on the bits that I walked on!

So talking of geeky stats



No comments:

Post a Comment