Tuesday 8 November 2016

Club Run - Nice and Easy!

Hello blog lovers.

The weather is getting colder! Brrr.....but still PWR's turn out to run!  PWR' are made of great stuff!  It's what keeps me running in the winter....in fact PWR's keep me running when my mojo is off hibernating!  

This mojo that people talk about, it's a real thing, honest, believe me, I'm a runner!  It can stay with you for weeks, months or years!  But when it goes it is just so hard to get yourself out for a run....or a cycle.  The only thing that does keep you going out......or I should say keep me coming out.....is the fact that I have my friends running with me, I am leading a group, people will be waiting........probably or actually, would carry on without me, but in my mind people at PWR will be expecting me to lead!  I like it like that; it really is what keeps me going!  Every time I am planning a run with PWR I am happy, every time!  The solo running, which is where I am finding it hard! I am just so glad that I belong to Petts Wood Runners!

That said, I shall stop my waffling and get on to tell you about this evenings run!  Like I said the weather is a bit chilly now, but maybe we will get a move on and get ourselves nicely warmed up.  I have been on feet most of the day, housework, cooking and then I had a funeral to go to.  A lovely lady from our church!  So from about 12 this afternoon until about 6 this evening I was on my feet! So I planned on a nice easy route, with just the one hill which will be at the beginning of the run, up Kings Way. Running with me today was LittleJ, Auriol, IllustriousLeader, Christine, Carole and some other ladies whose names escape me, two of which have come for the first time from the beginners course!  Oh and a late starter, making our group up to 11 Geraldine, (I think that’s her name) she is also the beginners course but she has been with us a few times already!

We all ran up to the top, most of us were all together, when we stopped at the top I could see Auriol and LittleJ coming in last!  My sweepers!  But they had to go back and look for Auriols watch as the strap had broken and it had fallen on the floor!  Thankfully they had found it though!  We carried on over the bridge and through the car park.  We then ran down Crest View to come back out of Southborough lane.  This is where we lost Geraldine and Illustrious leader! A pain in the leg was not doing Geraldine any favours and she decided it was best to go back and as we never let anyone go back by themselves Illustrious Leader went with her, and she would meet us en route further in our run.

We continue our run along Crescent Drive, running a nice steady pace, which really when we were running, it was at the faster end of our advertised pace, if not faster!  I had to keep an eye on my Garmin so as not to go too fast!  I don't want to put the newbies off!  But really, they were doing so well, they will be moving up to group 2 at the next move up week!  We were soon running along Shepperton right to the end.  From that point on wards I was expecting to see  Illustrious leader, depending on how fast she was running!  

We turned right and ran to the Off license and then turned left to run over the bridge. Still no sign of IllustriousLeader, maybe we will see her on Beaumont road, she knows the route that we will be running along, so she will be running it in the reverse, we are bound to 'run' into each other. Sorry excuse the pun, it amused me anyway!   It was along Beaumont that we saw her, with her green light up shoes!  I so got to get me some of those!  All these new things that are out for the runners to keep us safe.  Light up laces, lights to add to your heels of your shoes or tags to hang from your laces!  Arm bands, head touches, it's brilliant!  If the whole of our running group had lights we would look like the Christmas tree lights! All pouring out of the rec spreading around Petts Wood!

We were nearly back to the rec, we just had to run along Beaumont and then St Johns and back along Tudor way!  I don't know about anyone else, but when I first start out running, when I am by myself, my first thoughts are, "Shit, I got three/four miles to cover" It feels like a long way.  My legs usually refuse to loosen up (probably because I haven't really warmed up properly) and all I can think of is the end of the run.  When I am with PWR's I don't really worry about how far we got to go as I am usually chatting, but when we get near to the end I think "Shit, it's nearly finished, that was quick"  Just shows you how company can really spur you on to keep up with your running.

The very last bit was along Crossways and as usual it's its letting the group run at their own pace, whether fast, slow or ambling along singing!  I watched as they all ran past me and then I looked up the road.  I just had to do! I had to see if I can run fast still.  I gave myself a little race, I got to get in front of the first ladies that I sent up the road, so I started running, "See you at the rec" I said to LittleJ and Auriol as I passed them.  I then passed the others, catching up to Illustrious leader. The other two ladies we in my sight, if I keep running at this pace I will catch them before the sign!  I was running on the road, eyes focused at the top of the road, I just pushed that little bit harder.  I managed to catch them up and over take them!  I was happy with that!   A little sprint to blow out the cobwebs!

Here’s our geeky stat.


No comments:

Post a Comment