Thursday 1 December 2016

Thursday Morninng - Just The One

Hello blog lovers!

So it's just the one run today!  I turned up at the rec in glorious sunshine, just like DiscoRich had said it would be!  There was not a cloud in the sky, a brilliant morning for running.  There were quite a few others there as well, including a new one to Thursday Morning running.  She was one of our beginners and now is a club member.  She, Charlotte, got there early, as she wasn't sure what time we all set off.  And she sat in her car waiting to see if I turned up, because she is not ready to run with the faster runners just yet!

My route was the usual loop of the woods, going the easy way around, which would take us down Goss hill, not up it! We all set off together, heading for Dog Poo Ally.  The faster groups getting there before us!  Me and Charlotte went through the tunnel to see the middle group head up the middle path. We took the path on the right, straight up to the road.  It was quite cold now, the ground underfoot was nice and firm, just as Phil said it was (he was coming into the rec just finishing his run with Andy).  I was glad I had company this morning.  My solo running, as you know, is taking a while to get back into place.  But I  know that I have to go to the rec on Thursday mornings just to see if anyone else turns up, so up, out and ready to run I will do it by myself if I have to.  We ran to the top of the incline, by the road and I took a quick walking break!  My lungs were ready to pop out!  The cold weather is great to run in, but it is also a lot harder!  And besides, I am still a bit poorly!

We chatted all the way around on our route today, I do like a chat, except when we were on those little undulations, they always get me puffed out.  I also had to concentrate so hard on the ground, because it was so frozen over I kept twisting my feet down the ruts and grooves!  Charlotte blamed my new shoes!  I guess that is one of the pitfalls of running through the woods, especially when the floor is still covered up with the fallen leaves!

The hill at the top of the woods was fun this morning.  I 'galloped' down it, you know, like you used to do as a child. Gallop like a horse, with hands hitting the side of your legs!  I think Charlotte was amused by my style of getting down there!  It really was a lovely run, still chatting all the way around the route. We soon was back to Dog Poo Ally.  It was a shame, I felt like I could have gone on for more!  But I had to get back, tidy up the house and shower, a double glazing man was coming to my house!  I needed to be ready to kick him out of the house if he went in for the big hard sell! (incidentally, he was here for no more that 15 minutes, I told him what I wanted and bish bash bosh, he was out the door)

So geeky stats for this morning!  There were a couple of little speedy sections among the slow walking sections!  I was pleased with that!






No comments:

Post a Comment