Wednesday 12 October 2016

Training Day - Wednesday!

Hello blog lovers.

We are back at it!  Me and Tracy.....and the dog!  Yes, I have the little pooch again.  probably just as well we are not doing a long run today then!  I am running with Tracy today so that she can do her homework, 4 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking.  Last week, after she had said that she had found it easy, I thought I would give her some interval training.  This week, I will just run with her, just so that she can see for herself how well she is doing.  I know she can run in Group 1, we just got to get back the stamina!

So we set off, I was just chatting away with her about this and that, taking her mind off things.  We were running a quite a nice pace.  I didn't say anything, just left it all to her.  Besides I had the dog to keep an eye on too!  She was doing a good pace without me nagging her.  The sun was shining, after this mornings rain I was quite pleased about that, but there were some darker clouds looming!  We carried on with our 4 minutes of running and two minutes of walking.  During one of the walking sections Tracy kept me talking and I missed the start of one of the running sections!  That's fine, I shall pick it up somewhere!

The time did seem to fly by, I couldn't quite believe it when she said that we were already on our fourth run section "Are you sure?" I asked her, "Yes I am quite sure" she replied, giving me one of those dagger looks!  By now the dog was back on his lead, he had decided earlier that he wanted to go and see the horses, actually go in and see them!  I couldn't have that, so there he was, back on his lead again.

We finished our run along the right hand long straight (as you are coming in from Hook farm that it is) perfect timing......ish.  I said I would nick that bit of running time back that we missed earlier!  But we finished on a high, that's for sure.  Tracy is really running quite well, she was speeding up in some sections, but the idea is to keep a nice steady pace!  We know it's in there, the speed that is!  We will bring it out, once we get the distance sorted!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment