Tuesday 11 October 2016

A Double, On A Tuesday?

Hello blog lovers.

Well after the euphoria of the Petts Wood 10k on Sunday, I had my running feet ready. I had a free hour, dog free too!  Which is always a bonus, but it does mean that I can do longer than 5k, the dog only likes to do 5k, I guess he has little legs.  So I dropped him off for his play date and set off.  I had an errand to do as well, pop into the doctors for a 'script. So I thought a run around Normans park would be good.  I ran all the up to the doctors surgery, stopping for a walk maybe once or twice.  I don't count these days.  I feel good just getting out, so what if I walk, pishhh!  And I won't tell myself off!

When I got to the doctors surgery I had to turn off my Garmin, as I have it set for no auto pause.  Geesh don't you just hate doctors surgeries!  I really do hate them.  I hate the smell, the set up, no matter how new and modern they are.  Maybe it's just me!  But the worst bit is the queueing!  Cripes I hate queueing!  I stood in line, and I was sweating.  I mean, not just a 'little hot flush', but like 'I have just ran for 2 miles and walked into a warm building, and stopped running' type of sweating.  I was making a puddle on the floor.  I think if it wasn't for the running gear on I could pass as someone who has an extremely high fever, and needed to see a doctor!

Eventually I got to the end of the queue only to find out the said 'script wasn't even ready!  I continued my run towards Normans park and then did just one lap, but not the ordinary one lap, it's one parkrun lap.  an extra half mile maybe?  It is so much nicer than just running round and round! On the way around the park there are dog walkers, people with the babies in the buggies, but this fella (of girl?) was carrying a stick, but he so amused me, I made a remark to the dogs owner "I know!" she said, "Why have a stick if you can have a tree!" she said.  I just chuckled, I couldn't help but get a sneaky picture!


I then ran out of the park and heading back to pick up the little pooch from his play date!  It seemed he had a lovely time actually.  He was a bit bullied by his playmate, Belle, but he was in her house!  But I think it will be the start of a lovely friendship!

So geeky stats for my solo run.


Club Run - Group 1

At group 1 today I thought we 'derserve' a bit more or a challenging run.  So some undulations were called for.  It's good for us.....not sure it's good for me though, not after this morning!  But what the heck, people do it all the time!  I have done it many a time!  So I met up with the other ladies, J.J. and Little.J. and we made our way to the rec. They were wearing their new club buffs!  I should have had mine with me, I felt left out.  But I didn't think it was that cold actually, but maybe next week!  I stood out the front and gave them my route.  Hmmm, I don't think they were impressed with that idea!  But I know they will so love it and themselves once they have done it.

We had a newbie in our midst too, Laura, running for the first time for a while.  She looks as if she has been running for years though, I think she will be running in group 2 fairly soon. This run, is her 'just coming back' run!  So the first hill.......incline, is Birchwood!  It's a killer for a first off bit of running.  But we will have a break at the top.  I think I will need the break more than these guys!  When we got to the top of Birchwood I looked behind me and saw that we were all together, all 10 of us, there were no little sub groups! Wow, perfect pacing up the hill!  So I had a little walk just to get passed the first of the trees with all the gnarly roots that is bringing up pavement. For some reason, the council have decided that these new LED lights are much better, because they are cheaper to run, saving cash and therefore perfect.  But, to me, all they seem to light up is the immediate area, and it doesn't seem to 'penetrate'  the darkness to the sides of the lampposts, there are huge dark spaces between each light!

We we managed to get through that bit with out any tripping up, always a bonus, and then continued towards Tillingbourne.  I am not sure if group 1 were paying attention to me at the rec, when I told them that we would actually be running around Tillingbourne Green!  Probably best not to really say those bits loud any, it's always best to have some lovely surprises! As we were running towards the green, a cat darted across the road, dodged a couple of the runners on the road, dodged another runner on the pavement and then bashed into anothers  legs!  She didn't half scream!! She screamed so loud I am surprised that the neighbours hadn't ran out to check up!  Everyone calmed down after, including the cat who probably thought it ad got away scott free from the first few runners.

We ran towards the green.   We all started out heading up and up and up......untill it flattened out.  We were at the top of the undulation.  We were all pretty creamed cracker, but the long downhill section was such a welcome relief!  We continued with our loop of the green and started on the other side, running up again to where we had started on the gree.

The loop around was pretty good, if a tad challenging.  I let them off in front of me once we started on the next one, going back to the start, so they don't can run at their own pace up the h.......inclines, "Do the incline at your own pace" I said as they all started up the little incline back to where were had started.  I got there just a couple of seconds of the leaders, "Don't stop yet" I called to them, "Keep going to the top" and yes, it was the little hill that I get them to do their hill training on!  I think that is where I felt the knives come out of their eyes flying towards my back!  But I know they will all just cruise up there.....which they all did by the way.  As me I was leading from behind!

After a little rest we ran down the road to the roundabout and and then crossed over the road.  I was waiting for the others to catch up at the back, although they were not too far behind.  Once they had crossed over to other we walked just a little bit and started running again as we got to the lamppost.  I for one will be using the lamppost system from now!  It's what I always used to get Group 0 to do, don't stop running until you get to a lamppost then walk to the next then start running again, You can start walking only once you got to a lamppost!  It just gives you something to focus on!

I wasn't planning on taking them the whole long way round to Crossways via Great Thrift etc, no, I am not that cruel.......am I Michael! Once we had got to the top of Petts Wood Road we ran left and stayed on this road untill the second turning on the right!  By this time Michael and Tanya.....in fact everyone was in front of me!  I was feeling just a tad tired!  So I just followed them all back till we got to the rec.......well I manage to  have a little sprint......mainly to try catch up to the group!  

Group 2 had just got back to the rec too, so we  joined in  IllustriousLeaders cool down stretches.

So, geeky stats......I didn't get a pic of the cat though!

  



No comments:

Post a Comment