Saturday 8 October 2016

Solo Run.

Hello blog lovers.

I have written my blogs arse about face today.  , This one is all about my run on Thursday morning!  I needed to be in Petts Wood so I thought I would do my run from there.  I wasn't sure if I would be running with anyone else but I really wanted to run in the woods anyway!  There were a few runners there already but they were all the faster runners.  There was no one who runs at my pace. "Come with us" said Michelle!"  Now she runs in the middle group, David was taking that one out on Thursday.  Nicola was taking out the faster group, doing the PWR 10k route, or at least most of it!

I decided to try and give it a go.  If you don't push yourself then you just don't get any faster!  So I tagged along behind the middle group.  We all ran out of the gate but by the time we were up Crossways and turned left to go through the woods I was already puffing!  This was going to be hard, and I just knew that I would be holding them back! "Listen guys," I said to them "You go on and do your route, I shall turn here and go through the woods doing my route" I finished. "Oh no that's ok" David said, "We can do my route but in the opposite direction!" And with that we all went through the ally

Geesh!  I don't know how long I would be able to keep up with them, but I would give it a go, but they knew now, that if I wasn't behind them then not to worry!  I would do my own thing!  So we all went on into the woods through Dog Poo ally and then turned left to run along to by the rail tracks to the bridges.  They were well in front of me, I was running and pushing myself to keep up.  This was going to be a tough run!

All along the path to the first bridge, we didn't go over it, we continued along by the rail track to the path that goes down by the river.  The down hill was good I managed to catch them up slightly.  I was thinking to myself that I was going to be knackered for my evening run in Normans Park!  That is when I usually push myself to run as fast as I can!  Could I really do two hard runs in one day?  Well, we shall see soon!

Running along by the river and the group really started to pull away from.  There is no-way I can run at their pace....not yet.....I think I will really start to push myself on track now!  By the time I got to the end of the path, just by the beginning of Goss hill, they were gone!  I didn't know which way they went, but at least I could continue the rest of the run, which would have been the route I was going to do anyway, at my own pace! Well, maybe try and run a bit faster in places!

And one other thing about following the middle group, they have gone in the opposite direction I would have taken had I been by myself, now I have to run UP Goss hill!  For the rest of the run, once I got to the top of Goss hill, I just took it a little easier, after all, I was going to go to track that night! Track, that is when I should push hard!

I finished the run probably a bit slower than I thought.  I really expected it to be faster, but I think if you start out too fast, you can and do burn up too much energy.  Pacing, that's what it's all about!  But I was feeling good, just beause I was running through the woods!

Oh just a little footnote, I didn't go out running in the evening........I was working too late!

Geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment