Saturday 5 March 2016

Beginners Week 2

Hello blog lovers

This morning was the second week for our beginners.  When I got up this morning the sun was shining brightly!  I just knew that we would be having a big group again!  Ad I wasn't wrong!  There were also a few more helpers from the PWR's too!  J.J.,Janet, Wendimoo, Debbie, Helen, DiscoRich, Trish.  Sherry was leading today, taking the drills, the run and the cool downs. But not before presenting me with a certificate that he collected for me at the Bromley Mums Awards, in front of everyone!  Trish took a picture! Here take a look!  I am still stunned really, and totally chuffed, I can't think of another word to say really, chuffed!
Sherry surprising me!

Me with my certificate
and Sherry

It was good to see Tracy back, and Tanya, and Giulia, but she didn't have much choice really because I picked her up.  Also some other people that I recognised, and even spoken to before, and suddenly clicked where we first met, Rupalee remembered me after I reminded her!  She really enjoyed last week as did the rest of them.  We also had a couple of new people join us too.  So an incredible 72 people were walking, skipping, side stepping, running and stretching today at the rec! All eager to get on, get fit and get ready for a 5k in about 8 weeks time!

If you have never ran before then the thought of running only 2 minutes sounds easy, after all, when you were kids you ran about all over the place.  But if the last time you ran was when you were a kid then 2 minutes is a long time to run, and then to do that four more times is a sense of achievement.  The nicest thing that I saw today, the thing that made me smile from ear to ear is when I saw a husband praise his wife for doing really well, "I am so proud of you, well done" he said to her as we walked on to the paved area waiting for the others to join us, and he kissed her head!  Two minutes running, can you image the pride they will both feel when they finish their first 5k Parkrun!

The cool down stretches done Sherry gave out the homework, which was to repeat todays session twice during the week.  What a great session it was too, the rain held off until most of the people left the rec, brilliant timing.  A nice sunny day always encourages and inspires people to run!

So looking forward to next Saturday, equal running to equal walking!  And then the real hard work begins!

Some pictures of todays  session

Jog back 

skip to the cones

Side stepping

Don't they look elegant!
Running!
What a happy bunch we are!

See, having a great club to go to makes you want to encourage and inspire people to run, it's not just me that does it either!  PWR rocks!

Geeky stats.





No comments:

Post a Comment