Thursday 25 October 2012

Training Continues!

Hello blog lovers.

I forgot to write up my cycling blog yesterday, I did ride around for about 10 miles. 10 Miles! and I didn't think it was necessary to write a blog about a measly 10 mile bike ride! How blase is that? Such a fitness nutter now!

But todays run, it says in the 'trainining manual' I will be jogging along for 30 minutes. Or course that means a non stop thirty minutes, not my usual run for 15, walk some then run for 5 and walk a tad, etc etc. Oh no! This is training mode. I must try to jog along for thirty minutes now.

The Old Boy came along with me as my body guard/ resident nag/PT/Hubby/jogger. He kept me going this evening. I was getting into the comfort zone in my nice comfy armchair. I kept saying to him
"I gotta go for a jog in a minute" and he replied
"Go on then, get going"
But some how I kept sitting there. He was the first one to go upstairs and get changed! He came down in his jogging gear, hopping about in front of me, urging me to go and ready!  I did as I should.

The evening was a bit chilly when we first came out of the door. I decided to put on two layers, but I am sure I am going to warm up quite quickly.  We started off.
"I am going at my pace" I told the Old Boy, "A nice easy start before I get into my stride" I said, as though I have been doing this all of my life.
"Yes that's fine, what ever, but shall we go?" he replied.

I did exactly according to my plan, or at least my pace. I plodded along nicely, up Faringdon, the nice little slightly downhill section of Oxhawth before heading up Southborough. Now the last time I ran up this road, last Sunday, I had managed to get all the way to the mini round about. This time I went even further! Up as far as Turpington Lane, turned left into Turp, and then turned left into Greenway! Now I haven't done this for a long time. Well, since Naggy Neighbour managed to drag my ass around this route non stop way back when! But just half way down here I did stop jogging. The Old Boy noticed!
"Come on, what are you stopping for?" he said
"I'm just catching my breath" I said, and then from that moment until we got back he nagged me! Just like Naggy Neighbour used to, just like Nagging Sister used to, he was relentless! How he can talk s much and keep up the jogging, I don't know. I just plodded along and listened. Yes he was making sense, but I was still thrilled with what I had achieved so far. It's only week 1 of my training plans, but already I have jogged further that I used to before that ever so annoying walking break, which by the way was probably less than 20 to thirty seconds!

Up the hill that used to have me stop and look at it. Do you know what, it doesn't look that impressive now! It's a slight bump, a step up, a nothingness of a hill! I was saying this to myself in my head, as I ran up it. It worked! It got me up the hill non stop! turning right into Holbrook and then turning left to run up Parkfield to go back up Southborough! I was doing my bestest every jogging along! Ok the Old Boys constant nagging kept me going. I know if I was by myself I would have probably done a couple more walks.

I did slow down a bit more to retrieve my hankie from my pocket! But as soon as it was out I was jogging along again. I was clock watching my this time. As I was running along to bottom Oxhawth!
"Just a little further, and then that will be the 30 mins jog done" I said to myself. I daren't say that to the Old Boy, he would just say,
"No, no just keep going"
And right at the minute, I really didn't want to hear it. All  I wanted was to get the thirty minutes done, and then I can go a little easier on my self. 
"That's it, that's 30 minutes continual jogging" I said to the OB, and just as as I thought he said
"Keep going, its only about another 5 minutes home now"

I did keep going for a tad more, and then took another little walking break, I crossed over Lovelace Ave, and then ran from the other side all the way home! Non stop! Now this is my best run on this route for a bloomin long time......since Naggy Neighbour dragged me round nonstop jogging! I was pleased with this. The best jog on this route for a long time. The endurance is finally catching up with me. It's only taken 4 years!

All the way down Faringdon I kept up the pace. I started to put a bit of a sprint on, like I usually do, but the Old Boy said not to, just stick to the plan.  It's very odd for me not to push myself a little harder at the end. I like that fast bit, and I quite missed it! So, I may just add that back into my plans!

So my geeky stats, lets see how I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment