Tuesday 16 October 2012

No Jogging! Just For Information!

Hello Blog lovers.

Well, the cold virus is keeping me in my house this evening, just as I wanted to meet up with my running buddies at my club and finally, come out of denial, and announce what I am going to be doing in London, on the 21st April, 2013.

So this really is a very short blog, as I have nothing really to talk about, well, apart from what I am about to say. When I told the Old Boy, he was a bit shocked, a nervous laugh was heard on the phone, and then a "Well, you better get some training going on!, I shall come with you and help out, especially as the winter months will keep us off our bikes"

I put in for this after being inspired by one of our group 1 runners, and after I was watching it on the telly. A kind of a whim really, but one that I wanted to happen! And then when I got my magazine, I kind of thought "Oh!, right, so, now what?"  I kept quiet. After I told the Old Boy I though it best to let my running club know as soon as possible after that. I am going to need all he support and training I can get.

What am I doing on date just announced, I am sure that there are quite a few of my blog readers will know, as well as some family now, I am doing the Virgin London Marathon!

So, whatch this space, encourage me if you see me in the streets running, and nag me if I am walking, and I look as if I should be running!

6 comments:

  1. OMFG Donna, careful what you wish for, it may come true!!!
    You know where I am if you and OB want to do some long runs :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jez, I got to train the Old Boy first to keep up with me, all that cycling has made him gone lazy :-)

      Delete
  2. You will be awesome! Give me a shout if you want help putting your plan together x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I know I shall be calling on skills and knowledge from everyone to keep me on track :-) x

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Good luck :) I'll be running it too. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thats fantastic!! I'm so looking forward to it, See you there :)

      Delete