Thursday 11 October 2012

A Rainy Run! - Proper Runner!

Hello Blog lovers.

I am in need to increase my running, and my distances. So this afternoon, after dropping off my darling little grandson at nursery I came back and got changed, straight away, before I changed my mind!

The weather wasn't good. It's not inspiring me to do well, and also the cold virus is really trying to get to grips with me! But I'm sure, the fitter you are, the better you are to fight off gersm! I just hope that is right. I decided to utilise my Iphone a bit more, and put on a pod cast for a 10k distance. lets see if that keeps me going.

Earphones in place, Garmin switched on and ready, rain/wind coat on back. Now time to get out there. I didn't want to do Summer Hill today, I think that would have been a hill to far, and besides it's a psychological thing with me, its a hill, so there for its hard. The route I have in mind still has hills in the middle of it, but somehow it doesnt scare me as much. Maybe cycling up this particular hill has waylaid any fears. It is of course the A21.

The weather was getting to me. I kept thinking "Maybe just do the short route, just do 3 miles, the weather is awful" But my running head took over and said "No, keep going, there is a couple of other options if the rain comes down really bad then there is two options.

I jogged along Southborough Lane, to the end, then turned left to go up to Locksbottom, along the A21. The music on the podcast was keeping me going but I am sure I can find a bit of a slower beat to run to, unless all running podcasts are like that!

I past the first road that would take me on to the short route. That was easy, and then I past the second road. Again I cruised past it without even thinking about nipping up there to run on home. Then the bus garage was in view. This is the last point which I can nip off for an early shower! I could feel myself battling against these thoughts.
"Just keep going old girl, once you've passed there then it's only one way home!"

Just then the chap on the pod cast said "Ok, so we're half way through, keep running" Half way! I wasn't even at 3 miles yet, I am going to have to get some more music going to get me through to home.

The hill looks totally different when you have to run up it, cycling up it is not as bad as it used to be! I did do some walking, and if I am honest then I have walked quite a bit. Just a tad tired with the cold thingy battle going on. But like a trouper i just ran....ok ran and walked.

This was the patten for the rest of the run actually. Sometimes I was running quite good, and other times just a little bit of a struggle. I didn't want to give up though. Well, I was on the point of no return now, it has to be finished.

I chose to go through the posh houses. It always brings a smile on my face looking at the fantastic houses down there. And I wonder who lives there, do they do running, or do they have people who run for them! The last house before I leave the post estate always has me almost standing back in amazement. Absolutely stunning house! All that cleaning though!

On the way home now, just a couple of more miles. The rain had stopped, thankfully, it was only ever drizzly anyway. I was feeling pretty good, but tired. I was trying to 'dance' along to the music playing in my ears, I must have looked quite a sight bouncing along, I just hope my arms didn't flail around like they usually do when I'm dancing!

Through the back of the woods now. I was umming and arrring about do this bit. But I decided that this is the short cut that I will take. I know by the time I get home then I will have run for six miles. I was happy with that!

For such a drizzly day the path was quite busy, people walking their dogs, some maybe taking short cut with shopping, and the local constabulary, two of them, on their bikes. I came out of the woods on Shepperton road, another slight incline to run up, and this one really is just a pimple, probably wouldn't even register on the Garmin stats! But after 5 and half miles it looks like a cheeky little blighter!

Back on to my estate now, and feeling ok! Just a bit tired, and warm, so very warm. My face must be glowing. I should have removed my jacket, but I really don't like tieing things around my waiste, I don't feel as free!

I tried to do a little bit of sprint up to my front door, I just didn't have it in my legs today, I only just ran a tad faster than I was running for the last part of my run! (if that makes any sense to you)

Stop the Garmin, it read.......6.24 miles in 1:19 mins. Yup, I'm ok with that, not brilliant speed, but ok!

Geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment