Friday 25 June 2010

We're Having A Heat Wave!

Hi blogees.

Oh I love summer days, just lounging in the garden on my sunbed, nice cool lager by my side, cooking like a sausage on a bbq.

That was my old self back before I caught the keepfit bug! Of course I still love summer. Its just now after I have done my run, and after I am all hot, sweaty and strawberry red, then I allow myself to sit under the shade and enjoy my lager (well, I can't give up on my lager can I).

Running in this heat is very demanding. I don't know whether its sweat or tears stinging my eyes, as I reached that first mile mark this morning. Smarty pants was with me the whole way to this point, cheering me on and clapping,......and then nagging as I slowed down to walking pace just after with passed it! 'Come on, old girl, you can do it' she says slapping her thighs. My face must be beetroot red now because I can feel my head pulsing. 'Water!' I said to her, at least I think I said it to her, 'Try and get all the way to Greenway' she says cheerily, not even out of breath!!, and then she was back into her zone.

I thought I was doing pretty well, I was certain I was jogging more today, and when I eventually got to Greenway and then the top of Greenway, I looked at the stopwatch on the IPOD, 23.37. Half way through my time. I think that from that point on the route I am over half way round the course anyway, but I will have to check on that. This encouraged me to keep jogging.

Got back to the one mile mark, and the heat is really taking its toll. No hat today to stop the sweat from going into my eyes the water was nearly gone and I'm sure I spotted Smarty Pants on this road. Usually I don' see her until after we get back. She has normally gone before we get to the first mile mark going out. It was good to see her on each of the roads and turnings that I took!

Looking at the IPOD again, if I only push myself I can beat my PB, if only I just get a move on I can do this! I eventually got in at 45.07. Not PB but better than I thought I was going to do, so my nagging must have worked

Smarty Pants text me 2 minutes after I got in saying that she had just got in herself. Obviously she had added an extra bit on her route today, such a Smarty Pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment