Thursday 24 June 2010

Oh Wow Busy Day Today.

Hi blogees,

That's Right, a busy day today for giving this old girl a work out!

First I went out on my jog, went as soon as I was ready this morning, before the sun had any more time to heat the day up. I was by myself this morning, so I know I have to be really hard on myself so as not to go over the 46 minutes for this route. I want it to be under 45 minutes now. It has to start showing signs of improvement by now, surely. Maybe the heat really does zap loads of energy from me. But Not to think negative before I even leave the house.

Jogging on this route now I don't even think about the turn offs for the shorter routes, I jog pass them and before I realise where I am, I am on my way to Turpington lane! But it is still very hard going. My water is very much needed and I am pouring it on the back of my neck by the time I reach Greenway.

When I reached the point of 1 more mile to go I think then, that I wont be breaking any PB's today, but I am still hard on myself, keep telling myself to jog on.

At the bus stop I see the little girl I have on Wednesdays with her mum. Unmistakable even from a distance, the little girls buggy is a lovely bright orange, very summery, people often remark on it when I am out with her. Anyway I digress. They were standing at the bus stop, so of course I couldn't be seen walking, so I nagged myself to get a move on. You know it would have been rude to just rush on by, right? So I stopped for a little chat, (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) I must have looked a site, hot, sweaty and red faced, wearing my pink cap! Can you imagine it!

But of course, after stopping, only for a couple of minutes, I then had to jog on, as far as I could so that they don't see me walking! Meeting people you know is nice, but such a pressure to show off your running skills!

I got back to my house in 45.42 minutes. Great that its under the 46 minutes, but I know, I know I can do better.

As I said, a busy day today, I needed to go and buy myself some proper running gear, not shoes, because I have those, its for further up the body! I need to.........erm........feel secure in my running and not get blisters from my underwear!!! Which is what has happened. So with the London to Brighton bike Ride in mind for next year, this is a brilliant opportunity to get some miles under my belt! And I rode to the shopping centre in town, did a bit of shopping, the rode home again stopping off at the chemist on the way home for the old boys happy pills. All in all it was a 7.15 mile round trip on the bike. And My goodness that was a hard hard ride, up and down hills

Still, its only a short distance compared with what I want to do this time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment