Monday 21 June 2010

Summer's back!

Hi blogees,

Summer is back again! So plenty of water in my bumbag! Happy Neighbour is joining me this morning. She can only join us on her days off, Mondays and Tuesdays. I don't mind, because she runs at my pace, and occasionally I am even in front of her!

We set off about 10, the sun is shining. I am thinking to myself maybe I should have gone out a little earlier. But this will be good. Its good to jog in all sorts of weather, hot, cold, wind, rain, its all building up stamina. Not tried jogging in snow yet, but I will if we get any next winter.

I wish I could just switch off my thoughts for those first ten minutes, and just not think about anything. The music does help slightly, but with the complaining legs, and the totally wrong breathing then my thoughts come straight back to 'Oh my word, still got three miles to go'

The sun really does have an effect on your body while you're running. I know, its completely obvious to even the most laziest person, sitting on his couch eating crisps, drinking beer and watching footie. The heat zaps precious energy, water pours from your head way earlier that you want it to. I am so glad I put my cap on today. Happy neighbour says she gets to hot in her hat, but then I inform her, this helps to keep the moisture going into my eyes. She just looks at me with this sort of half grimace and half smile on her face. Ladies don't sweat!

I still didn't manage to run the first of the three miles today, and I was angry with myself, but I am monitoring certain factors, just to see if there is a pattern emerging here, diets, drinkings etc.

For the whole of the route today me and Happy Neighbour took it in turn to 'lead'. First me, then her, then me, then her. Sometimes it was good to have Happy Neighbour in front of me, because I said to myself 'I'm not walking until she walks' and when she was behind me I ways thinking 'Good, she's behind me' There is no pleasing us women is there.

We were both very red faced and sweaty by the time we got back to the first mile mark. Happy Neighbour was thinking that the time will be longer than our last time out together, I was thinking I wish this was all over. But we pushed ourselves harder, looking forward to the last road, the last road with the path up to the house. Push the button and stop the clock.

We did our run this morning in 46.20 for 3.34 miles. 3.34 very hot, hard, sweaty miles. But you know what? We both felt good today that we did it.

p.s.
I just been on my bike to the local supermarket, well the second local supermarket, about a 5 mile or so round trip, I really do want to start seeing results now. I want to go shopping for new jeans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment