Sunday 27 June 2010

Sunny Sunny Sunday

Hi blog watchers.

Another glorious day in this wonderful creation of His. The temperature this morning was very very warm.

Smarty Pants has done something to her knee and she is having a couple of days rest to make sure she doesn't do any damage to herself. Which means its just little old me on the road today.

But I did look the part this morning. New jog pants, (Max Wall's favourite tailors) new top and new sports bra. Have my running shoes anyway, so I really am beginning to feel like a runner, and that maybe I can go quite far in this running and cycling lark.

All ready to go out. Music playing in my ears, water strapped to my back and an air of expectation. Just maybe I can beat the 45 minutes barrier, oh Old Girl, don't even think that, just think about non stop jogging even to the first mile mark. It is very warm out there, and I am hoping its not going to stop me from getting to that first mile.

I set off, feeling good in my new gear, labels of course, L.A. top and Nike jog pants, still got to have the fashion thing going on! I am feeling a little vulnerable in these skin tight joggers, maybe the backside is more than what people want to see first thing on a Sunday morning! At least it is stopping me from thinking about those first ten minutes. You all know how much I hate those first ten minutes.

I was urging myself all the way to the pub (the first mile mark) and maybe nag myself more to carry on pass this and on to the next sticking point for me. But I didn't manage it! Well I got to the first mile, but then I stop jogging and started walking.I was so disappointed with myself that I had stopped and walked, and grabbed for my water. But it was very hot out this morning!

The new gear I was wearing was now not taking up my thinking time, I was just wanting to get this jog done in 45 minutes or under. Each time I walked I called myself names, I kept asking 'Why are you walking, what is the problem' I tried racking my brains to find a reason for walking. My legs weren't hurting any more than usual, my breathing, well it wasn't perfect, but definitely not out of complete breath. Fatigue and tiredness, no, not really. So why the heck am I walking!!!!

I got to my road and picked up the pace slightly, and when I got onto my path up to my house, I sprinted! It wasn't quite a Linford Christie sprint, although I am sure he would be totally jealous of my jog pants, (accourding to Smarty Pants) but it was a sprint for this old girl.

My time for this jog, well, I am pleased with it. Not ecstatically happy, just well pleased. I ran this 3.34 miles in 44.10 seconds!!

Now, housework, shower, church and then off to my sisters for a lovely day watching England and Germany play, (by the way we lost, big time 4 1 to the Germans!) But we had a great bbq, great family time and I even laid off the amber nectar's, as I was driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment