Tuesday 15 June 2010

A New Goal!

Hi Blog Watchers.

Well as you can see, I have been a bit more creative, (I think) to celebrate the ending of the old blogs and the start of the new blogs. But I'm not so sure about the design, maybe each time you pop in to read, it may be changed again!

Ok, so things are still a struggle! Oh boy! That is an understatement! But I didn't think that this morning.

This Morning I went out at about 09:30 for a short tempo run (I think that's what I was doing) I wanted to see how fast I could do turn around lamppost and back. I wasn't going to go any further because I wanted to go out with the rest of the girls tonight. But my feet was itching to run, just wished the rest of me did!

But I was outside, IPOD on, and timer going. I jogged all the way to turn around lamppost, no stopping to stretch limbs this time round, just head on back home.

I knew I was running faster than I usually do, but it also zapped precious energy and I did do a couple of walking spells, but when I got back to my house, and looked at my phone I was smiling.

I beat my personal best ever time, on that particular 1.17 mile route! 14:16 minutes. I was so pleased with my self.

But as I said earlier, that wasn't the only run I did today. We went out as our little group of joggers and started off a training for a 10k race in October! It was horrendous. Even Happy Neighbour said it seemed harder this time round. We were doing an old route with an extra bit, foregoing the lovely jog home through the park. We were going to go back up the road that we previously came down on the way out.

It was a very pleasant evening if a little windy, and all of us had taken jackets. I know me and Happy Neighbour had tied our jackets around our waist, but by now Smarty Pants (oh sorry, I forgot to tell you all who is still jogging along with me) was way up ahead and is probably running her bath by now.

Those up hills are an absolute killer, I thought it best to just keep my head down and not even look. Me and Happy Neighbour didn't manage to jog up the first bit of Magpiehall Lane, but as soon as we passed the park entrance then we jogged some more. But this hill is not such a big incline as the previous one, it just stretches all the way to where we need to turn off. So the head down, listen to music and go for it.

When I turned the corner to head on towards home, oh wow! that did feel so good. I really have no idea as to what the time was (we did have a chat to a friend on route, such a welcome few minutes break) but it didn't matter, I just wanted to finish in style. So for most of that last road me and Happy Neighbour managed to jog most of it, it also helped that it was down hill too, it would have been a crime to waste a down hill run.

We got to the green where Smarty pants was there waiting, looking as fresh as a daisy. She had been there for 15 minutes. When I looked at the stop watch on my Ipod it said 47.11 minutes for the new regular route of 3.23 miles.

Not bad for a first attempt. Now to improve, that, then add more miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment