Tuesday 29 June 2010

See, I do listen sometimes.!

Hi blogees.

What a day! I was all set to go for my run this morning, gear on, music ready, water chilling. But I kept hanging about for some reason. I'm sure it was His way of keeping me near a phone, because right when I had decided to go out in the nicely chilled down air, and the fresh smell of rain, when the phone rang.

I was sons school saying that he hadn't turned up at his work placement yet. I sent him out at 7.30 this morning, and the school ringing me up at 9.20. But 10 minutes later son is at the door. 'I got lost' he says in his defense 'all the buses are on diversion, didn't know where to go' Now if you no my son, this is the longest conversation that we have had in some time! Sigh, what can I do with him.

Anyway, it stopped me running this morning because I had to take him to his placement. I came home checked on computer for any emails and then went on a bike ride to the second to local supermarket. 25 minutes there 20 back!

I guess you are all thinking this is all I did, well, you're wrong. Because this evening I went out jogging, by myself, as running buddies have injuries, kiddies and dinners to cook. But this is where the title of today's blog comes in. I decided to use naggy neighbours technique of run for two minutes then walk for two minutes.

I guessed this would probably put time back on maybe even go over 46 minutes again, but naggy neighbour says its a good discipline, as its all in the mind. Well, I'm sure she knows what she is talking about, she has run a marathon in 4 hours and something.

All the way round the route this is how I ran it. The first two minutes I thought maybe I should just run and run until I can't run anymore, but thought I should start as I mean to go on. In the beginning this was quite easy, but as I got further and further into the route, well, it's not as easy at it sounds. Those running two minutes seem to last forever, where as those walking two minutes were just shooting past.

For the last 100 meters or so I decided to run as fast as I could, down the road, turn the corner then up to my house. The kids on the green were shouting encouraging chants, 'Go on, old girl, whoo hoo' just as they did when I left in fact! I think they are secretly impressed with this old girl out there doing something!

So the time, I guess you all want to know. Obviously it's not going to be as good as yesterday, naggy neighbour not there, happy neighbour not there and poor smarty pants was suffering a swollen knee,.............. drum roll please...............its faster than I have ran on my own!, so I'm impressed with myself for that...........are you ready,.........43.58

Not bad at all considering!

No comments:

Post a Comment