Friday 18 June 2010

Oh I Love Fridays!

Hi blog readers, I know you are all still out there!

What a great day today. Lovely warm day, ok so the sun not shining out, but still a 'grand' day.

Its just little old me out jogging today. And of course I am my own worst enemy!. Before I even put on my jog pants I was saying I will just do the quick route today, you know the one, to turn around lamppost and back. But some how I had managed to talk my self out of that run and 'persuaded' myself to to the first turn off to the park.

So, all set, jacket on, (well the sun isn't shinning and you never know!,) IPOD switched on and ready, hat on, just in case I warm up and this will help to catch the sweat, and both timers at the ready.

Off I go, as soon as I took those first steps, thankfully in the opposite direction to turnaround lamppost, I knew that this was going to be a short run. By myself that old lazitus flares up. No one to look at while jogging, no one to say 'you're doing well' as I am jogging along. Oh yes, definitely the short run today.

I couldn't even manage to jog that first mile without doing ten steps walking pace, TEN STEPS I am so defiant when I am by myself.

But when that first mile came up I ran passed it, because that is where the short route goes off. Through the park, and home. Oh, my goodness, if you couold hear what I was saying in my head, it would turn your hair curly. but the gist of it was 'keep going you old bag, you have done this and you can do it again'

Onwards passed the next street, onwards to the last turning before the park.

By now, I was having this argument inside my head, at least I was hoping it was inside my head! I was swearing to myself that I am going to go through the park, and then the other argument was saying 'Oh no you're not' And to be fair,.........with myself.......... I had run this far I might as well carry on and do the full 5k.

So that's what I did. I got back to the one mile mark. ONE MILE left before I am home, One mile which I have run before for the whole way, door to.....erm wall, of this particular mile. And I cried, I was hoping again that was in my head and not out loud. But try as I might I couldn't quite run the whole way home.

Its hard, I am aching, and energy levels seem to only be in the soles of my trainers now. I am calling myself names to get a move on,how I am still talking to myself after this run I don't know, I was horrible to myself. Oh but that run down hill though, so good. Knowing I now only have just a short way left. I'm thinking 'I might be on target here,' about the same as what I have been doing, or dare I say even faster!

My road now, last bit of push left, last bit of running, can I run faster, I try, the slight down hill is helping so much, turn up the path, almost there, look at the time, look at the time, what does it say?!!!

46:23, the same, the same as last time, not faster, but, thankfully, not slower!

Then I remembered the text I got from Smarty Pants, 'Shall we go for lunch in Petts Wood?'...........Oh yes, now we put the speed on. Shower, hair, makeup, out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment